Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Made a loss on a sale?

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
Have you ever made a loss selling a website?

I've made a loss on domains and I just made my first loss selling www.socialex.co (I lost around $30). Hopefully the new owner will develop it though... :)

Advertisement Placeholder
I lost about £10 when we sold GN, we only sold the domain so I guess it wasn't that bad.. but I did expect to make a lot more from the website "if" we where going to sell it (which the founder did without me).

I am about to loose 11USD I suppose. I bought this domain reducetummy.info and I don't see any money coming from it in any near future! :(
So I might just endup selling it or let it expire!

I am about to loose 11USD I suppose. I bought this domain reducetummy.info and I don't see any money coming from it in any near future! :unhappy:
So I might just endup selling it or let it expire!
Surely you could make something of that lol? I don't mean via selling, I mean via monetizing it?

Well you've got enough content on it that you shouldn't take too much of a loss if you decide to sell it. I'll probably have to take another loss when I sell the domain: downloadyoutube.me. I was going to develop it but after asking 10 people at school what they'd rather use, they choose an mp3 search site over a YouTube downloader (all of them).

May be then I should try selling it?
Do you think digital point will be a good idea?

I tried digitalpoint cheapstuff area (listed it alongside other $5 stuff but was selling it for $10). I really think it needs to be developed to be sold. Maybe I could get another hosting client while I'm at it :p

Domain area is way too competitive.

But there site area is good.

Yes, although I was talking about downloadyoutube.me, I think you should add 3-4 more articles and get rid of it!
Once you're website is developed and properly working, I could get traffic to you.
Lots of people are coming to my website for youtube downloader at obscurant1st.biz/videos, as of now I redirect it to tubedown.net
Also I could mention your website on my youtube videos as well which get around 1000+ views per day!

Once you're website is developed and properly working, I could get traffic to you.
Lots of people are coming to my website for youtube downloader at obscurant1st.biz/videos, as of now I redirect it to tubedown.net
Also I could mention your website on my youtube videos as well which get around 1000+ views per day!

Thanks :) its whether I can afford the $10 a month though :p

You can php streaming script for free, that might be a little hard on your server! :|

Yeah, I'd need a VPS for that. That'd cost $7 a month + all the hassle of a product which isn't frequently updated and all. If you want the domain cheap, you're welcome to it... :)

Yeah, I'd need a VPS for that. That'd cost $7 a month + all the hassle of a product which isn't frequently updated and all. If you want the domain cheap, you're welcome to it... :smile:
No I don't want it, the guy from vidfetch is an indian and I would need to do a lots of stuffs to pay him through paypal. (He only accepts paypal)

I had my luck! :p

I have made a couple small loses when it comes to domains but at the same time I have made great success with domains as well. I have sold domains as high as $200 in my time. But There was this one time for the first time where I spent $50 on a domain that I thought I could sell for three times more. I never had the time to develop it and make the domain popular but it was still pretty good. I had to set for $20 when no one wanted to buy it.

Have you ever made a loss selling a website?

I've made a loss on domains and I just made my first loss selling www.socialex.co (I lost around $30). Hopefully the new owner will develop it though... :smile:
Well, I made a lost buying a couple of domains that I didn't bother to develop into actual websites. But that's about it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds