Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Lurkers

Advertisement Placeholder
I've lurked my fair share over the years, heck I lurked WGBB for ages before I decided to actually sign-up; lurker is just another word for "potential user" all you gotta do is persuade them to join and get posting!
I think I joined up to WGBB because the theme changed or something, I forget..

I do not mind it. I would rather they joined in with posting but I know not everyone has the time.

It's there decision to post or not but I'm not sure why you would sign up to lurk when you can do that as a guest but I'm sure they will post when they are ready, they're probably just getting a feel for the community before hand. :)

I guess because I'm so straight forward I join a community and instantly start interacting with them, as it is important for you to get the feel of members right away in a forum or you will feel discouraged. So I guess I don't grasp the concept of lurking much, but I can see that point being made by lurkers 22.

I'm the same way as you Xyphien. When I join a community I do it for interaction. If I simply wanted to read content I would probably read articles, blogs, etc. From a business perspective though, lurkers still increase page views, thus increasing advertising campaign statistics (dinero).

They see me lurkin'
They hatin
Starting topics to try and catch me postin' dirty
Tryin to catch me postin' dirty

Admins think they can me post
Making it register to read is an age old joke
When you see me lurkin by they can see the glean
My username shines on the online status via their computer screen
Ridin with my new browser, she like hold up
This forum has no posts, now what THE FUCK!

I feel that a majority of the members who post regularly on this forum, lurk 60% of the time they are online. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself here :'(

I feel that a majority of the members who post regularly on this forum, lurk 60% of the time they are online. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself here :'(

I post to ALL of my alerts and most of the new threads, I have no real technical input to give on threads but I do love me some posting.

I post to ALL of my alerts and most of the new threads, I have no real technical input to give on threads but I do love me some posting.
yeah, this is the one site that makes me feel special. I'll go on and have like 8+ alerts always! I always reply, or at least rate on them. I just hate when people add a post that is unrespondable too. Like, "Good job" or "Yeah, me too" >.>

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds