Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Longest time had a Domain

Advertisement Placeholder
The longest time I had a domain was from 2009 - 2017 so around 8 years. I let it go when I had to close the forum down I had at the time due to the hosting costs becoming too much and I was unable to afford it.

I would always try to keep a domain name by renewing it as soon as possible. If you do not renew a domain name as soon as possible, there is always a chance you would lose it.

In terms of keeping or changing a domain name, I would not do that if you are able to as you would lose the search engine ranking on your URL and that can take some time to build up. The only time I would suggest changing the domain name is if you end up rebranding.

The domain where my email is, is the first domain I ever bought, autumn 2002, and I still own it today.

Had the same domain(s) since around..... 2010. See no reason to change =) I just wished I could afford the .com that matches my .net but its considered "premium" so its astronomically high.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds