Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Longest LOA from your site?

Advertisement Placeholder
For me, it might be a few days (like this weekend) where I've spent a lot of time outdoors.

But a week at the most for sure. If I leave for vacation. However, I'll login to at least see what's going on or if anything crazy is going on.

While I know I don't meet it every day, I do try to set a goal to at least create one interesting topic each time I visit or reply to a few posts.

The weekends are my days to get outside so I neglect my visits. That usually because I'm tired and ready for bed once I get home haha. 20 years ago, I wasn't that tired :LOL:

I'm many ways, a short break can also be a great thing. It lets you reset from your own community and helps avoid burnout. Plus I often find that my creativity likes to build up and if I miss a few days, I am often much more motivated when I come back.

I'm many ways, a short break can also be a great thing. It lets you reset from your own community and helps avoid burnout. Plus I often find that my creativity likes to build up and if I miss a few days, I am often much more motivated when I come back.
It’s like taking annual leave from a job and relaxing during weekends, isn’t it :p

In a lot of ways it is. You can't do anything every single day and still enjoy it.
My weekends are my technology getaway.

I work a lot with tech at my job.

I have all my side hustles with tech.

My forums and blogs are tech.

Weekends are all about hiking and biking and camping where my cell phone has no signal!

Without doing that, I doubt I could focus as much as I do now.

My forum's been around 3 1/2 years & I've been on it daily. Even if I didn't post i.e. I was sick or we were away, I still logged on to check things out. I'm the only Staff so if I had another Staff member, I may take more time off.
I've avoided extreme burn-out by pacing myself, whether it's on my forum or taking on others in Exchanges.

My forum's been around 3 1/2 years & I've been on it daily. Even if I didn't post i.e. I was sick or we were away, I still logged on to check things out. I'm the only Staff so if I had another Staff member, I may take more time off.
I've avoided extreme burn-out by pacing myself, whether it's on my forum or taking on others in Exchanges.
And your secret of focusing on certain forums one day per week ;)

It is a lot easier.

I'm typically absent on the weekends, though.

That's when I get out and go hiking or camping. No cell phone signal there. But I am a firm believer in disconnecting at least one a day a week if possible. It feels great and recharges you. :cool:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds