Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Launch method?

Brentnauer

Website
www.brentnauer.com
Credits
So you've got a forum, a tasty theme, a few threads in each category for starter content... What's your next step?
Going by past experience, what have you done (or what WOULD you do) to get things going after you open the doors?

Advertisement Placeholder
Get on postloop. Get on admin forums and promotion forums and promote promote promote. Start at least one new thread in every category every day. Make sure you respond to every post by someone else. Welcome all new members. Jump on any trouble from spam or whatever fast. Promote promote promote.

A few things:

• I would always start with a small cash or domain competition i.e. a first to 200 posts/ points wins.
  • I would create promotion topics on as many forums as possible: WebGurubb, ForumPromotion, AdminPeak etc.
  • I would post on other forums to gain postloop points to use to promote my forum.
  • I would post on other forums that are similar with my signature link in it.
  • I would find a couple of good staff members to help activity.
That's basically the first few days... :)

I'm absolutely starting with a cash prize for posts, but I need to figure out a way to make sure the things people post are not filler.

How effective do you guys think posting on sites like this, AdminPeak, AdminZone, etc are at gathering organic traffic that are actually interested in my subject? I would imagine the traffic I'd get from these kinds of sites would non-potential members.

I'm absolutely starting with a cash prize for posts, but I need to figure out a way to make sure the things people post are not filler.

How effective do you guys think posting on sites like this, AdminPeak, AdminZone, etc are at gathering organic traffic that are actually interested in my subject? I would imagine the traffic I'd get from these kinds of sites would non-potential members.

They are the best way to get real members i.e. ones that are not on your forum because of a competition, being staff, or postloop. The other methods are just activity gainers, so that you can encourage the real members! :)

They are the best way to get real members i.e. ones that are not on your forum because of a competition, being staff, or postloop. The other methods are just activity gainers, so that you can encourage the real members! :)

You're like my own personal Santa tonight :) Thanks man!

The way I have done my competitions to encourage proper posting not fillers is doing it as poster of the week (no cash prize) and poster of the month (prize) because people then know that I am looking for quality as well as quantity.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds