Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Last forum you saw dead?

Advertisement Placeholder
I know he did :) I'm guessing a merger onto his forum? Or between them? Maybe making a promotion forum? :D

I don't believe he has plans to do so :p If I remember what I saw him say correctly, it is much different. xD

Few forum communities have a lifespan that is greater then a year or so...
I've noticed that micro niche forums are dying way faster then webmaster forums for some reason. Same with general niche forums, haven't them in while...

ForumHoopla.........*sigh*

I blame that on Kloxo. And that's all I have to say about that. :p No I'm kidding, it was entirely my fault: 1. I picked kloxo and a lowendvps instead of just getting hosting. 2. I forgot to backup the database (I only did the files). 3. I thought that updating via kloxo was similar to Cpanel (it wasn't). :)

AdminsHut was a really cool forum. Just an upgrade to xenforo and it would have made it. I see it's pretty quiet now and it's a pity. anyway, can't blame shadyx, you can't run 2-3 'same niche' forums and not have some die. The best would have been to merge it immediately with his main admin forum or delete everything from it and redirect to the main forum. I recently purchased the forumdealer.com domain from it's initial owner and got the domain name only. Never needed anything anyway, since I wouldn't work on 2 separate communities that are direct competitors anyway.

AdminsHut was a really cool forum. Just an upgrade to xenforo and it would have made it. I see it's pretty quiet now and it's a pity. anyway, can't blame shadyx, you can't run 2-3 'same niche' forums and not have some die. The best would have been to merge it immediately with his main admin forum or delete everything from it and redirect to the main forum. I recently purchased the forumdealer.com domain from it's initial owner and got the domain name only. Never needed anything anyway, since I wouldn't work on 2 separate communities that are direct competitors anyway.

Well he ended up selling it for a nice sum but the new owner hasn't done too much with it yet. I think webmasters get into the forum niche thinking it'll be exactly like their other projects- except it's not. You have to be prepared to make a loss on a forum for a while as you build up support and members for it. :)

I haven't really been on forums much until recently, so I'd say the last one for me would be that old Zetaboards News forum.
I can't even remember what it's called.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds