Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Languages

Snobothehobo

Credits
Suppose that you have a person on your forum who cannot speak the primary language of your forum very well and his/her posts are unreadable. What would you do?

I'm honestly not sure what to do in cases like these. I certainly wouldn't want to ban anybody for not being able to speak a language very well, but at the same time, how do you deal with posts that cannot be understood?

Advertisement Placeholder
Well that's a tough situation. If the posts are really unreadable, there is no point in keeping him/her in the forum. Majority of the users won't understand him so its highly unlikely that s/he gets any help. For worse lots of other members might also try and make fun of that person which imo is not good. So all we can do is send him/her a PM explaining the situation and hope s/he understands it and leaves.!

I've encountered this situation so many times that I've decided that my next forum will be restricted to English speaking countries only. Like xpl0iter said, send them an message and hope that they understand, if they don't there's no other option than to ban them from the community.

Banning others isn't an answer, i'm from Tunisia, so english would be a third language, if someone joins a forum and he doesn't speak english, probably i'd recomand that person to use a translator in oder to get along with others.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds