Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Kris P. Bacon

Kris P. Bacon

Website
johnvasiateacherblog.forumotion.com
Credits
Kris P. Bacon from the home of best British bacon. ;)

UK citizen and former teacher now retired having returned from the Far East because of tightening immigration laws after years away. Married and wife remains in Thailand where we have a house. Absolutely hate the UK as it is now and spend my days figuring out ways to get back.

Ex forces, mental health and previous academic. Knows about education, social and political science and political satire. :)

Last edited:
Advertisement Placeholder
Welcome to the forum :)

I hate to hear that about your wife. That's horrible! I couldn't imagine being away from my love. I hope you're able to find a solution, soon.

Welcome to the forum :)

I hate to hear that about your wife. That's horrible! I couldn't imagine being away from my love. I hope you're able to find a solution, soon.
Life is what it is. I will go over for holidays of up to one month, as more than that and I start losing my pension credits as it’s classed as ‘living abroad.’ We stay in touch every day by WeChat, which is the equivalent of Face Book with a video link. Hopefully as the world recession deepens, countries will relax their immigration requirements and we can all pile back in again. But until then …

JV.png

Last edited:
Hello capnsquarepants, fancy meeting you here. The other place to me was like being back in the era of Windows 98 with the same views! Good job they didn’t have a ‘put him in the stocks and pelt him with rotten tomatoes’ thread, I’d have been in it. BTW, are you English?
I recognise you from that other forum you left. Welcome to FAF!

Hello capnsquarepants, fancy meeting you here. The other place to me was like being back in the era of Windows 98 with the same views! Good job they didn’t have a ‘put him in the stocks and pelt him with rotten tomatoes’ thread, I’d have been in it. BTW, are you English?

The other place used to be pretty good, but I feel like it got more intolerant over the years. That's just my opinion though, hopefully no one from there sees this and gets offended.

I am not English, though I have a single friend from there who I've known for at least 20 years. I am Singaporean.

The other place used to be pretty good, but I feel like it got more intolerant over the years. That's just my opinion though, hopefully no one from there sees this and gets offended.

I am not English, though I have a single friend from there who I've known for at least 20 years. I am Singaporean.
Nearest I got was Changi airport passing through for a couple of hours. Can’t even remember where I was going. I look at the other place as being stuck in a 10 year old time warp and I don’t really care who reads it. I felt like a time traveler from the future there. :)

I've been a member of the other place for a long time. There is definitely tension with some of them but a lot has happened there over the years. A lot of stuff to do with software clashes that ruined peoples relationships. It was a happening place at one time. I have no issues with anyone there though. I still enjoy going there.

We just need to understand underlying issues that have made people seem the way you might think they seem.

I guess I'm close to being a 20 year member there. In nearly 20 years, I've seen a lot that many people today will never see.

I've been a member of the other place for a long time. There is definitely tension with some of them but a lot has happened there over the years. A lot of stuff to do with software clashes that ruined peoples relationships. It was a happening place at one time. I have no issues with anyone there though. I still enjoy going there.

We just need to understand underlying issues that have made people seem the way you might think they seem.

I guess I'm close to being a 20 year member there. In nearly 20 years, I've seen a lot that many people today will never see.
Forums were a happening thing at one time, but for many time has also stood still. That I think is the underlying issue. I don’t think it’s an accident that more than a few have migrated here. If people believe that updated software and seven days is what it takes to make a forum go viral (and wonder why it doesn’t), there’s going to be what resembles anger occurring.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds