Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Keeping your members happy

Website
agoraforo.com
Credits
As a webmaster, you know how challenging it can be to manage your member base and keep them happy. With so many different personalities and opinions, it's not always easy to keep everyone satisfied. If you're struggling to deal with your member base, you're not alone. Fortunately, there are tactics you can use to keep your members engaged and content. Here are some tips to help you get started:

Keep communication clear and frequent. Make sure you are regularly communicating with your members, whether it's through email newsletters or in forum messaging. This will help to build trust and establish a strong connection with your member base.

Listen to feedback. Your members are the heart of your community, so it's crucial to listen to their feedback. Take the time to respond to their feedback, both positive and negative, and make changes where necessary. This shows your members that you value their opinions and are committed to making your platform better for them.

Foster a sense of community. Members are more likely to be content and engaged when they feel like they're part of a community. Take the time to build relationships with your members and encourage them to connect with each other.

What have you found effective in keeping your members happy? And what tips would you add to this subject? :)

Advertisement Placeholder
Completely agree with everything you have said. You 100% have to listen to your community, otherwise you are in for a very bumpy ride.

I think it's important to maintain focus and have a clear path set out of where you are taking the forum. Be transparent with your members, keep them in the loop, always engage with them to build the trust that is required. Continually introduce fresh ideas to the forum to stop interest from peaking.

Keep the energy flowing, there's nothing worse than a seeing a forum where the admin/staff don't post very much. You must be able to hold a conversation, and not be afraid to question and challenge, as that will make threads more interesting. Make sure there is a sense of fun, we don't want staff to be a bunch of dictators!

Make it interesting for your members too and celebrate the successes of your board. MOTM, annual awards, prizes, perks etc...

Completely agree with everything you have said. You 100% have to listen to your community, otherwise you are in for a very bumpy ride.

I think it's important to maintain focus and have a clear path set out of where you are taking the forum. Be transparent with your members, keep them in the loop, always engage with them to build the trust that is required. Continually introduce fresh ideas to the forum to stop interest from peaking.

Keep the energy flowing, there's nothing worse than a seeing a forum where the admin/staff don't post very much. You must be able to hold a conversation, and not be afraid to question and challenge, as that will make threads more interesting. Make sure there is a sense of fun, we don't want staff to be a bunch of dictators!

Make it interesting for your members too and celebrate the successes of your board. MOTM, annual awards, prizes, perks etc...
Very well put. I especially like your comment about keeping the energy flowing. Very important to go with the flow and not fall off. If the forum is growing steady, you need to be on it. It’s very easy for members to flock off somewhere else. And taking a break as an Administrator is never a good sign or a good action. Strike while the iron is hot.

The main tips I have are to be welcoming, to listen to your members and even staff if they make recommendations. Listen to feedback and see if it is doable. Even if it’s not doable - say you are at least trying to research it. Creating new content for members to partake in and participate posting is important as well.

Allow conversations to develop - if they are slightly off topic just make a new topic and move those posts there. Members are using your forum to communicate and that’s the most important thing!

Any time I come up with a new idea for my forum, I always consult my members first. I do the same when it comes to looking for new themes or any extensions as well. Remember that your members are like your customers, if they are not satisfied they will not return to your community. You should listen to them, and see what they like and don't like.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds