Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is your family proud of you?

Credits
Is your family proud of you or is there conflict?

My family and I used to be odds all of the time when I was a young adult. But as I've gotten older, my relationship with them has gotten better. Now we host holidays and dinners for them.

Advertisement Placeholder
I broke connection with majority of my family. I don't care for them, all I care for is my own family, my wife and kids. And some of my wife's family. I've got just a few on my side that I actually still talk to. All the rest, my parents, sister, brother, etc. well.. I couldn't care less.

What's done is done, I took these hefty decisions to protect my own family. It's been years now and it still hurts when I think about it, but there's no way I'm coming back on my decision.

Not really, they don’t believe I’m smart enough to have the career I have, and when I told them I’d spoken at an international conference, they didn’t believe me until I showed them the YT videos.

Then their reaction was to be surprised anyone listened to what I had to say.

I do not speak to them. It’s been 5 years, no regrets.

Its an interesting question, the question I would ask back is, do you care if they are or if they are not?

I think my parents respect me, as for being proud of me... dunno... and I don't care. Having my own kids and being married I am too busy to worry about what other people think lol

Not really, they don’t believe I’m smart enough to have the career I have, and when I told them I’d spoken at an international conference, they didn’t believe me until I showed them the YT videos.

Then their reaction was to be surprised anyone listened to what I had to say.

I do not speak to them. It’s been 5 years, no regrets.
good on you mate.

My mother is very proud of me, I am sure of it because she tells me every day and it's nice to have that validation from her. Me and brother hardly and I've tried to repair that but hasn't worked out in my favor yet. All in all, I'd say that they are proud of me because of everything I accomplished back in my younger days. 😇

Most of my family probably isn't, I'm sure most of them don't agree with my "lifestyle choice." It wouldn't surprise me if some of them look at me like i'm a freak. I cut out my grandmother who's my father's adoptive mother from my life 13 years ago since she's a diehard Catholic and honestly I know she'd probably have a few negative words to say to me about who I am as a person now. I know my Uncle is at least proud of me as well as my sister and all my cousins, which I do have a lot of cousins since my grandmother on my mom's side had 8 children.

It's a mixed bag. Recently, I did get certified in Calculus and I've moved in with my brother to make a new life after my life has had so much damage from an extremely unstable marriage. Anyway, it's a struggle cause, as you may have subliminally noted from my posts, my hosts are very strict and while I need that, it seems like a dog barking at me. :unsure:

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds