Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Is Social Marketing Better Than SEO?

s_sayan

Credits
I noticed today that I'm spending a lot of time, money and effort trying to place number one for my main keyword on Google. Something curious I also noticed was the fact that my main keyword only gets around 1,000 exact global searches a month on Google. That means only a few visits a day even if I get to first position. In the other hand I noticed I am getting most of my visitors from Youtube. I am getting around 60 unique visitors a day to my new forum.

Am I missing something? I mean, I see people talking about how good is to be in the first page of Google. But, is it worth it? Am I wasting my time with SEO? Should I stick to social marketing? Right now I think I'm doing better from Youtube. Is social marketing the key to have a successful website?

What do you guys think? Let us know.

Advertisement Placeholder
SEO is definitely worth it. Its just you have to concentrate on the keywords which you choose. Some keywords ahve more than one million queries. some have only a few hundreds.
But whether to focus on SEO or Social Marketing, really depends on your niche. A video sharing wevsite will get more hits from social networking websites than from google, because people are there in social networking websites for entertainment.

So how can I actually start a good social campaign when I actually don't have many friends in my personal Facebook or Twitter account. Also, I don't want to mix business with my personal life. Where and how should I start if I want to start using these social networks?

I think to measure the success of your marketing is to look at the ROI or Returns on Investment. Which traffic buy anything from your website - the ones from Google or the ones from YouTube?

Google sends very targeted traffic because people land on your page because they want to go to your page and depending on what they're looking for, they're more likely to click on the ads on your page.

On the other hand, traffic from social networking sites are there for other reasons and they're most likely will not click on any ads on your website.

So if you just want traffic that doesn't do anything on your website, go with social media but if you want targeted traffic that will click on your ads, SEO is the way to go.

Both are needed. And both produce result in different way. SEO directly help you achieve higher ranking on SE but Social Media Marketing helps to build trust and drive traffic. SEO is a bit long term process and where as Social Media Marketing produce a bit fast result.

I think they're both important. A plus for social marketing, which can turn your articles viral very easy.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds