Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is shared hosting enough for your website?

Smokey

Service Team
Service Team
Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
As a website owner, you have many options in hosting. You can get shared hosting which is the most affordable option for most people, but doesn't offer you nearly as much control, with limited space, or you can go the VPS or even dedicated servers route where you do more of the setup process but have more freedom and overall space for your website.

Do you feel shared hosting is enough for your website? Personally, I do, for right now, Revillution isn't big enough to warrant a VPS or dedicated or semi-dedicated server just yet, so right now shared hosting works out just fine for us.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have a shared hosting package that allows me to host unlimited websites. I have blogs, forums, online stores, business websites, and portfolio websites on shared hosting. I never have had any issues related to hosting. That's because my websites are small and do not consume a lot of resources and do not receive high traffic volume.

Shared hosting is only good enough at the beginning when one is getting little traffic and little revenue from their website.

When the website gets bigger, there will be no reason why one should continue with shared hosting with it's limited features.

The most important thing when it comes to hosting is that you should be getting a very good deal and it can actually make your website to run fast and it should be upgradeable very quickly. If you have seen one that can give you all these features at a good price then it is.

I have always used shared hosting with any websites I have created. I feel shared hosting is affordable and all I need for what I use the hosting for and if I needed to increase at any point, I know I am able to.

THe only thing I worry about when I buy shared hosting is whether the price reflects the service, sometimes the service can be terrible but they do a good offer which can be misleading.

Luckily I have a company I know I can trust now that also offers VPS as well if I ever needed to move to that.

I have always used shared hosting with any websites I have created. I feel shared hosting is affordable and all I need for what I use the hosting for and if I needed to increase at any point, I know I am able to.

THe only thing I worry about when I buy shared hosting is whether the price reflects the service, sometimes the service can be terrible but they do a good offer which can be misleading.

Luckily I have a company I know I can trust now that also offers VPS as well if I ever needed to move to that.
I am with namecheap. I started with a basic shared hosting package and later upgraded to business shared hosting package. Even when you are with a reputed hosting provider, the main concern with shared hosting is your servers cannot handle load if you are hosting multiple websites and if your website receives substantial amount of traffic. For small websites, shared hosting is perfect. By the way, what service do you use?

I used to use shared hosting, but stopped as I prefer my sites have more security. And I always felt like shared hosting had less support.

I used to use shared hosting, but stopped as I prefer my sites have more security. And I always felt like shared hosting had less support.
I do not know about other hosts but if you are using shared hosting from namecheap, the company will not discriminate you for not using higher-level hosting package. You will receive as much attention as someone using VPS or Dedicated Server. I do understand the security issues related to shared hosting and it is not recommended for the sites that receive payments.

Whether shared hosting is enough for your website depends on various factors, including the size and nature of your website, traffic levels, performance requirements, and future growth projections. Shared hosting can be a suitable option for some websites, but it may not be sufficient for others.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds