Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

.info

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
Where do you think this domain is valid and useful i.e. when would you use it? Or is it a great domain to have? :)

Advertisement Placeholder
Never seems to be needed for "info" sites. It's usually seen as a cheap alternative, but it wont really gain any influence over a .com or .net etc..

Never seems to be needed for "info" sites. It's usually seen as a cheap alternative, but it wont really gain any influence over a .com or .net etc..

Quite often you see it used for proxies and cheap directories I.e. throw away stuff. However that doesn't mean you can't start a good site on a .info.... :)

Defiantly proxies would use it, also sites that are on a budget, my first domain was a .info, had it for 2 months then sold it, got an $6 profit from it.

Defiantly proxies would use it, also sites that are on a budget, my first domain was a .info, had it for 2 months then sold it, got an $6 profit from it.

I bought two for cheap directories and sold them for $8 each a month later. I also think Adsense niche sites work well with them too- by that I mean blogs with a specific subject with lots of ads on them....

The first .info domain that I purchased was for someone and as a plus, I got it free since I purchased another TLD due to some special promotion or something.. :)

I think its more appropriate for promotion fora and discussion ones, but .info sounds less professional than a .com.

Imo info is suitable for the websites which provide information on something. Like notices, schedules, etc.
For example: I have seen an info domain for a local university here. I am not sure whether they have a .edu one. But this .info is suitable for that website. That website gives out information on schedules, timetables, notices, postponed stuffs etc!

I use my .info for my theme test site. I personally never cared if someone sites run off a .info .com .net, sometimes people use what they can get there hands onto open a site and I'm that shallow of a person to tell someone to great a real TLD since you can do everything the same way as .com or .net.

I think they also work when you're doing an internal site. Say you want to start a project resource site, then you could use a .info... A $1 saved (or in this case $8) is a $1 earned...

I think they also work when you're doing an internal site. Say you want to start a project resource site, then you could use a .info... A $1 saved (or in this case $8) is a $1 earned...
And when in business, essentially you are saving/making money

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds