Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Increasing Revenue

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
How do you increase your revenue flow on your forum/site/blog?

Do you use incentives such as VIP membership for a couple dollars or do you use up some of the space for paid advertisements.

Personally, i would use VIP memberships if I had enough to offer them. I would use ads, but i'd keep them to a minimum as I hate ads and I'm sure others do as well.

If you were to offer decent benefits for VIP membership and your site was big enough, I believe you could pull in some serious revenue though, I've seen huge sites charge $150 for a rank and alot of people bought it!

What do you do though?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think you want to keep ads to a minimum for as long as possible. It depends on the site. A blog has multiple ways to generate revenue: affiliate links, private ads, in-content links, adsense etc. A forum really only generates anything decent from private advertisers, which usually barely cover it's costs. Premium membership is a good idea, but as you have said- you need something to offer them....

Well, I see that you have a VIP membership here. So you must have something to offer them? You also have those 3 ad spots down the side, but they won't cause any trouble.

Well we're going to eventually add premium membership but that will be some time away when we have more to offer them. VIP membership recognizes that you are a contributer and you helped to build this forum when it was young :) It has all the same privileges as premium membership...

I have premium membership for those who would like it. I try to make the benefits worth getting, but nothing that regular members can't live without.

In addition to this, I put Google AdSense up in various places, all of which don't become too bothersome. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds