Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

I'm going to start collecting VHS, DVD & Blu-ray movies again

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
I used to buy my favorite movies on VHS, then DVD and then Blu-Ray. Now days though everything is being released only on Blu-Ray and digital. I think they still release some DVD movies, but it's limited. Well with the talks of the world moving on from physical movies and music, it made me wonder if I should just start to buy up movies and tv shows I loved growing up. I was thinking about buying VHS movies for mostly movies from the 80s & 90s. But I also want to build up my blu-ray and maybe even DVD collection. I have a feeling prices on physical media is going to go up, so I might want to jump in and buy some stuff up now before prices increase.

Advertisement Placeholder
I used to buy my favorite movies on VHS, then DVD and then Blu-Ray. Now days though everything is being released only on Blu-Ray and digital. I think they still release some DVD movies, but it's limited. Well with the talks of the world moving on from physical movies and music, it made me wonder if I should just start to buy up movies and tv shows I loved growing up. I was thinking about buying VHS movies for mostly movies from the 80s & 90s. But I also want to build up my blu-ray and maybe even DVD collection. I have a feeling prices on physical media is going to go up, so I might want to jump in and buy some stuff up now before prices increase.
I thought the same thing concerning video games, since video games have the same tendency as movies, to become all digital, I think that prices are going to go up, especially VHS tapes, I don't think that in short term, that is, 5-10 years, but within 25 years, many movies in VHS format could cost quite a bit of money.

I used to collect DVDs and Blu Ray in the past but these days I no longer collect movies, I either download or stream. When I was buying DVDs and Blu Ray, I used to store them safely, however, as I moved homes, my collection started getting lost, so I saved my movies digitally. Currently, I have a 1 TB movie collection.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds