Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

If you could go back in time and change your life around, would you?

Advertisement Placeholder
No, not one bit. Each bad part I learned from and it made me into who I am today. The crusty old asshole that pisses some folks off. :eek:
I learned early on to be one not to kow-tow to the "make people feel good" routine. Life is not here to make you "feel good". People are going to disagree with you, facts are going to go against your opinions... and you need to learn to grow up to be able to deal with those simple facts and not get butt-hurt (which is one of the first things I learned as when "adulting"). Now too many wear their "feelers" on their sleeve and think that their "feel good" needs outweigh anything else. Don't you DARE intrude on their fantasy existence. Sorry to burst their cherry... but reality is what actually rules.
Of course, a LOT of my ideas come from the fact I've seen over the decades how fragile life is, and how quickly it can be taken from you and fate doesn't care how "important" to society you may think you are.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind studying a bit harder and maybe not pursuing what I just enjoyed at the time. Wasn't my best career decision but at the time was what I thought was best. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but at the end of the day I have been very blessed and lucky to be giving the hand I've been dealt.

Oh, if I could go back, there are things I'd definitely do differently. I'm not at all sure I'd be in the same career I'm in now if I went back, even if I didn't know what I know now, I hope I'd know enough to trust my instinct the first time about where I wanted to go. I'm not sure that path is open now, not as a long term proposition, but back then? Just you try and stop me.

I don't think I would necessarily change things from my past. Things happened for a reason, or I found out about things at the right time. I've been happy with my life mostly although it's crazy. Out of the things I've been able to control there is nothing I would change. Now if I could change things out of my control - I probably would try to change a few things! It's interesting - the older I get the more I realize life is just a puzzle that we all are figuring out one step at a time.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds