Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Icons and Your Forum

Sylar

Addicted member
Credits
I just thought I would mention this :)

Icons play a pivotal role in your forum, 16px can honestly make or break you! First off, you have to have a good FavIcon otherwise people get a bad impression from the start, don't have one and TBH it just seems you couldn't take 16 seconds to put one up(lazy!). Moving on, if you have bad icons on your forum list and forum home page, people will definitely notice and complain. Lack of icons doesn't mean anything, however once you add them(like we have here) you really never want to go back ;) As for other icons, smilies(which are icons) play a key role in uniting your community and providing a source of expression and discussion. As well as that, there's the user interface icons; these should be flawless as they are provided by your forum software, however it's always a good idea to throw some customizations up on them ;)

What are your views on icons on your forum? Do you have any you are particularly proud of? Perhaps you have some that bring shame upon your forum? :3

Advertisement Placeholder
Our similes suck, i know that. :p I installed them thinking they will look cool but I didn't know they'd be that big >_> Still looking out for a new set but will probably re-install the older, default ones in due time. :)

Our similes suck, i know that. :p I installed them thinking they will look cool but I didn't know they'd be that big >_> Still looking out for a new set but will probably re-install the older, default ones in due time. :smile:

THANK THE LORD.
I mentioned the smilies a while back but thought it was just me.. :banana:
I need the old ones! :nolike:

They looked small on the previews I had so I thought YAY, new smilies at last. I install and boom, gigantic mofos. I am just too lazy to re-install the older ones because you have to do it one by one or do something with the SQL file or some strange crap which is Xpl0iters area not mine. :p

They looked small on the previews I had so I thought YAY, new smilies at last. I install and boom, gigantic mofos. I am just too lazy to re-install the older ones because you have to do it one by one or do something with the SQL file or some strange crap which is Xpl0iters area not mine. :p

In this case.
xpl0iter
Get on it! I hate these smilies with a passion. :3

Wait whaat? doing SQl Queries for getting back older smilies, you're nuts, I will do it manually. :p
Doing stuffs on SQL is risky! :/ Especially when I am the one who is doing it. hahaaha

And do we really need the old ones?

Wait whaat? doing SQl Queries for getting back older smilies, you're nuts, I will do it manually. :p
Doing stuffs on SQL is risky! :/ Especially when I am the one who is doing it. hahaaha

And do we really need the old ones?

Make a thread or something, askign for people to vote.
But in my opinion, these current smilies suck the big one.

There is just not many decent smiley sets, this is the only problem. Bar making it ourselves which I cannot do, we're stuck with default ones or shite ones that don't match the forum >_>

There is just not many decent smiley sets, this is the only problem. Bar making it ourselves which I cannot do, we're stuck with default ones or shite ones that don't match the forum >_>

*Imagines if we had custom guru-styled smilies* Jizz.

gLIrgv.png

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds