Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Human rights on Forums

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
More and more recently I am seeing forums add rules such as 'Freedom of speech rights do not apply here at XX' and personally, I do not see how any entity can essentially deny us basic human rights.

All I really want to know is if this sort of rule is actually allowed and enforceable just by having it in your 'rules'. Personally it annoys me as I do not think anyone or any company has the right to deny you human rights but hey, educate me!

Advertisement Placeholder
Freedom of speech not allowed on forums? I didn't know Hitler had a forum..

Forums should be 100% open and free for all to post what they want!

Forum Promotion has that very rule if I remember correctly. NO ONE should have the right to take away basic human rights. I want to know if there is actually a situation where one can do that though.

Freedom of speech rights do not apply on Forum Promotion. We value your opinions, but please be sensible. We do not allow personal attacks or libellous statements. Please respect your fellow users and our staff members. Harassment is taken very seriously on Forum Promotion. If you don't have anything nice to say, then sometimes it's better not to say anything at all

That's FP's stance on FOS, slightly disgraceful how any one entity can be able to remove someones FOS with a few words, hidden within the rules (which no one reads *cough*)

PErsonally, wouldn't it be easier to say 'If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything' as opposed to what I am interpreting as 'Fuck you, welcome to North Korea'

PErsonally, wouldn't it be easier to say 'If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything' as opposed to what I am interpreting as 'Fuck you, welcome to North Korea'

Is it even legal for a website to take away your rights? Of-course if you signup to a website you conform to their rules and guidelines but isn't this just too far? North Korea wouldn't even allow this, this shit is Third Reich style. :confused:

Is it even legal for a website to take away your rights? Of-course if you signup to a website you conform to their rules and guidelines but isn't this just too far? North Korea wouldn't even allow this, this shit is Third Reich style. :confused:

Yes I see that if we sign up, we agree to be under a communist regime. :p But I do not see how signing up to a site enables them the right to say goodbye to human rights. We need a lawyer bro in here..

Don't create a thread talking about it, because you will probably just get banned :p (on FP)

I wouldn't mind, they're a good site don't get me wrong.. but that rule is just.. messed up.

Haze
A lawyer? No thanks. We got ourselves a SoCo.

Denying freedom of speech on a forum is really disgraceful and a shame. Forums are a community and what community is good when you don't even have one of the basic rights! :(

I feel like posting sly links on communities where I have seen such a rule just to see the response but I'm not be to stoke the flames...*cough*

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds