Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How to prevent bots from registering on your forum?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
So in this thread we will share our favourite methods/tactics by which we can prevent bots from registering on our websites/forums.

This is a method which I found recently on a forum.
They have this field in their registration page which asks for authorization code. This authorisation once they have given in a thread on their board. The thread was names like authorization code thread itself.

Now while registering you would need to goto this thread manually and search for the authorization code and insert it in the field on registration page.

I guess this is an awesome idea and most probably all the bots will fail to do this!
What do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
So in this thread we will share our favourite methods/tactics by which we can prevent bots from registering on our websites/forums.

This is an method which I found recently on a forum.
They have this field in their registration page which asks for authorization code. This authorisation once they have given in a thread on their board. The thread was names like authorization code thread itself.

Now while registering you would need to goto this thread manually and search for the authorization code and insert it in the field on registration page.

I guess this is an awesome idea and most probably all the bots will fail to do this!
What do you think?

Too complicated. You want something that stops the majority of spam but doesn't hinder users. What I would do is have an uncommon question on signup- that is easy to answer (Like what is acronym of Search Engine Optimisation). Then I'd have a pruner to get rid of accounts which haven't posted or logged in after a certain amount of time.

Too complicated. You want something that stops the majority of spam but doesn't hinder users. What I would do is have an uncommon question on signup- that is easy to answer (Like what is acronym of Search Engine Optimisation). Then I'd have a pruner to get rid of accounts which haven't posted or logged in after a certain amount of time.
Thats true. These measures shouldn't hinder users, and the method I mentioned does just that!! :/

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds