Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How to maintain a successful forum

xXInfectedXx

Renowned member
Credits
How to Create and Maintain a Successful Forum
I will be talking you through some steps today on how to " Maintain a successful forum". If you follow these steps you will get loads of traffic. I can guarantee.

1) Create your forum. Try and make your idea unique to other forums. Forums can be created for free at http://www.prophpbb.com/ http://www.freeforums.org/

2) Look out for good and active people. Pick them to be a moderator on your forum. This will help keep spam and from people breaking the rules.

3). Make a few topics/posts yourself. People are sometimes scared to create topics/posts if no-one else has. So I recommend doing this

4). Use another forum/website to promote your forum. You could use Forum Promotion or another website to do this. This will help increase traffic

5). If you are having a forum, make the style look different and unique to everyone's forums. This will make your forum stand out from the crowd and people will like it.

Advertisement Placeholder
I would agree with you, Infected. I think a nice theme and TLD are the 2 most important parts you did not list. People won't want to look at your forum if you have a horrible theme, so they won't post on it. A TLD is important for Professionalism. It's also easier to remember a .com name than a .zetaboards name.

If you have a good domain name, theme for your forum and management style you have a good basis for a forum. A lot of advertising is needed and SEO. You need to look for active members aswell as posts at the start. Once you have a good core of active members it gets easier to maintain a solid community.

You should erase the successful part out of the title. With this you start a forum, the rest is a lot more complicated than just gaining traffic from promotion forums. Indeed those are good tips but with that you won't get far. You need to add hard work and motivation, other means of promotion, forum design, domain and name, staff. There are a lot of things, but mostly it all comes down to hard work and dedication.

Success always comes at the later stage. Once you have chosen your forum and added few threads to start a converation.
You will need to market your forum in other forums, try the post exchange and proper SEO is need. Once visitors start coming it's upto you to maintain the forum.

I totally agree with #3 specifically. I think as an Administrator it is your job to provide quality content for your members. One should not become complacent and expect members to come up with their own topics. It's your community, bring it to life! ;)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds