Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How To Find Volunteers For Your Business?

Good-Person

Captain Junkie
Credits
Volunteers are people who may be working for a good cause. There are many businesses and many non-profit organisations that may recruit volunteers. Suppose if you start a business about health products and you need to conduct a study for that, then how could you hire volunteers for that? These volunteers may get paid as well. They are not employees of the company and neither they are freelancers.

Advertisement Placeholder
Reach out through craigslist and various other sites like it. You could also look for job boards and ask around there. Just let people know you're looking for volunteers to help, and that they could learn a lot from helping. Stuff like that. Also maybe include an incentive to come, maybe those who join can get a prize or gift or something.

You are running a business and trying to generate revenue but you want people to work for you for free? Volunteering means you are basically working for free. If you are involved with commercial activities, you should always pay people. If you are doing philanthropy, you might be able to hire volunteers.

You are running a business and trying to generate revenue but you want people to work for you for free? Volunteering means you are basically working for free. If you are involved with commercial activities, you should always pay people. If you are doing philanthropy, you might be able to hire volunteers.

This is not correct entirely. There are many people who become volunteers and they get paid for that. For example, a university or a business might be sponsoring a study. They may hire study participants (volunteers) and they may even pay them for participating in the study.

Businesses can be run by hiring interns. Interns are the people who are only looking forward to gaining work experience, either to build their portfolio or as a part of their education curriculum. Volunteers might receive payment for their work, however, it is basically not salary-based work. You will have to agree to work for free. Volunteering does not promises any monetary incentives, but if the project becomes profitable you might be compensated, though.

A business is suppose to be where people work and make money, nowadays it's very hard to find who will work in a business firm voluntarily or maybe you can hire the service of interns because they just want to gain experience.

Reach out through craigslist and various other sites like it. You could also look for job boards and ask around there. Just let people know you're looking for volunteers to help, and that they could learn a lot from helping. Stuff like that. Also maybe include an incentive to come, maybe those who join can get a prize or gift or something.

I think that the best way to find volunteers is to advertise online or you could even use traditional newspapers as well. You can publish your advertisements and mention the details about why you need volunteers and you can also discuss payment terms as well. Traditional marketing is not dead yet.

Well, if it's the nonprofit type then I guess the one way you could recruit volunteers would be to put out the good work you do for people and ask for those who wish to be a part of it to make themselves available.

In my business of poultry and fish farming, I don't think there is going to be any kind of possibility of getting anyone who would be interested in working as a volunteer without getting paid which is why I have never considered looking for options where I am going to get volunteers to work in my farm.

This is not correct entirely. There are many people who become volunteers and they get paid for that. For example, a university or a business might be sponsoring a study. They may hire study participants (volunteers) and they may even pay them for participating in the study.
I would recommend reaching out to people who qualify for the study. For example, if you're doing a cancer study, you could partner with the local hospitals and insurance companies to target people you're looking for, put a brochure in the oncology waiting room, etc.

You can also reach out to survey companies. I see plenty of online surveys that are actually research studies. Online recruiting can be very effective for broader studies that require more people of diverse backgrounds.

A business is suppose to be where people work and make money, nowadays it's very hard to find who will work in a business firm voluntarily or maybe you can hire the service of interns because they just want to gain experience.

People have responsibilities that they really need to take care of and it's the reason why most of them usually find it very difficult to take on voluntary jobs even if it's for a short time because it is not going to be of any benefit for them in terms of making money they are going to use to take care of their present and pressing needs.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds