Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How often do you host a contest on your forum?

Advertisement Placeholder
The only contest I ever organized had just one participant so I had to close the contest. The contest was a story-writing contest with a cash prize.
It's always a shame when you think up and start a contest that you feel could do well and it ends up flopping instead.

Have you thought about trying a contest like that again at some point?

It's always a shame when you think up and start a contest that you feel could do well and it ends up flopping instead.

Have you thought about trying a contest like that again at some point?

If you want to create a successful contest, you need to give something in return. You will have more participants if you have better rewards. Even though I still have a desire to organize contests on my blogs and forums, I lack funds for contest rewards.

At the moment I currently do a monthly top poster of the month contests were the top poster of the month will get one month of VIP.

I feel that works and helps with activity as well. I have considered more contests but working on those and getting them sorted for now :)
It's a really great idea! Glad it's working all good. 😊

I may start doing that. I have a HUUGGGEEE surplus of Humble Bundle game keys. I could give a game key of choice to the top 1 or 2 posters of the month. But that would mean going through over 20 pages of HB keys, logging them somewhere private, and listing each of the game names into a post or thread, which I'm slowly working on. I'm not 100% sure which keys have been used unfortunately, though; so I may have to ask them to DM me a screenshot of the key being claimed as proof if it was successful or not before granting another key if it was somehow used.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds