Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How long do you allow a banned member to come back?

Credits
After banning a member in your forum, do you usually make room for them to come back again out of their ban even if it was a permanent ban?

I don't usually ban my members permanently but whenever I do, I always give them a grace of 1 year for them to come back if they are interested in coming back with a better attitude.

Advertisement Placeholder
In my opinion they should be given a long time to come back after realizing their mistakes and making sure that they will not repeat those mistakes again because not letting them come back will make them hopeless.

I do not have a site though but from what i have seen on most forums and sites. Once a member is banned, they do not allow them to come back unless the member was given a suspension, in that case the member can return after he or she has completed the number of days given. It can be three day, it could be seven more.

I just don't go on a rampage to ban members, when I ban a member it is usually when he has committed a grave mistake. Therefore, I do not unban this member, he will always be banned on my forum

If I ever ban someone on my forum, it was never done lightly and always done for a very good reason and for a reason that warrants they should never come back on the forum again due to what they did. I don't think I have ever banned someone and then reversed my decision and allowed them back. The only time I would do that is if they were banned on accident or due to a misunderstanding but that does not happen too often at all.

This would really depend on so many factors, like why the person was banned from the forum, is it an offence that can be overlooked it is it a heinous crime against members of the forum, so it depends on so many factors.

After banning a member in your forum, do you usually make room for them to come back again out of their ban even if it was a permanent ban?

I don't usually ban my members permanently but whenever I do, I always give them a grace of 1 year for them to come back if they are interested in coming back with a better attitude.
I think it depends on what the person does because there are some actions that do not require you to ban a user for so long so it should depend on their offence

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds