Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How do you start an online radio station?

Christopher1

Addicted member
Credits
How do you start an online radio station? I ask this because I've definitely thought about it. For those who didn't know, I used to be a dj in a former life. :)

Advertisement Placeholder
I think your best bet would be to start a podcast. If you are going to use music, there are plenty of songs on Creative Commons that are just waiting to be promoted. You could also do a podcast as an extension of your forum.

I never really thought about it. Do you mean like a pod cast?

Radio websites are websites where you can stream online. They hit the listen to stream button and the stream is funneled through some sort of radio program. Yes, it's kind of like a podcast.

There are also other ways, such as live video streaming with Google Hangouts or other platforms. There are free sites like Radionomy and MyRadioStream. I think a podcast would be the way to go though. That would be the easiest way to build an audience.

There are also other ways, such as live video streaming with Google Hangouts or other platforms. There are free sites like Radionomy and MyRadioStream. I think a podcast would be the way to go though. That would be the easiest way to build an audience.

Doesn't YouTube have a live stream option? I think I've seen that before.

You could always use things like mixlr, I worked on a radio/blog that started on that. It was pretty cool to use.

Doesn't YouTube have a live stream option? I think I've seen that before.
It does.

I agree with @Allenafaith that Mixlr is probably can help you with what you're looking for. I used to follow some user stations a while ago, so you can build an audience and stream sound no worries.

Or if you want to feel more like a DJ, you can also try plug.dj
It represents the users with cute icons so you can actually "see" your audience dance to the beat of your tunes.
I can recall my friend was using it to share AMV Youtube Videos but I don' think it is limited to that.

Good luck with your projects, I hope you come back and link us (use your signature to be safe and bump this thread XD) if you ever go ahead with your project. :D

Best would be a youtube podcast thing, because it's free and you can easily edit it how you want :D

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds