Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How do you resolve issues with rude members?

Claraviolet

Renowned member
Credits
If the members are being rude, how will you handle them? Will you try to keep your cool?
Honestly, I don't know how to deal with them and I often snap while dealing with them....well...yeah..that brings trouble now and then but what can I do, when they use curse words and I hate the very usage of those curse words?

So, how do you deal with such people?

Advertisement Placeholder
If the members are being rude, how will you handle them? Will you try to keep your cool?
Honestly, I don't know how to deal with them and I often snap while dealing with them....well...yeah..that brings trouble now and then but what can I do, when they use curse words and I hate the very usage of those curse words?

So, how do you deal with such people?
If it's bad enough i'll ban them, more than usual I just give a warning or ignore them.

They'll get a warning but if they're being persistent then the ban hammer will be brought down upon them :D

If they're being rude, judgement day will become closer than they would like. <3

I'll usually send a message first asking them to cool their stuff out, but most of the time it's a waste. :p

If a person is being rude, I'll give them a chance to quite being rude. I'll have a discussion with them privately, which may or may not come with a warning on their warning bar. That depends on how the discussion goes. But if the person continues to be rude, then they will be banned from the forum permanently.

Generally, a private message is sent about the user's behavior in a professional manner. If the problem persists, they'll lose priveledges. Then, if it continues, I'll ban them.

Depends on how rude they are. I have a procedure that I follow. I will give the user a board warning, with a long message explaining why, etc and if the user doesn't improve there actions I will then temporally ban them of the forum. If they come back after the ban and misbehave, I will permanently ban the user for misconduct.

Usually, depending on severity, I'll drop a message to the user to see what rationale there is behind the behaviour, in more severe instances it'll be a formal message reminding them their behaviour is against the rules. After this it'll normally be a warning which if they ignore will lead to a loss of privileges and then after that it's a temporary ban.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds