Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How do you promote your site ?

NomanProdhan1

Credits
You can setup your site easily. Just need to buy domain, hosting or can use free ones and after that need to use your favorite website/forum/blog/cms script. Thats it ! But the most hardest part is promotion. To get visitors/member you will need to promote your site heavily and I believe that its not an easy task as we don't have lots of money for paid promotion. However, I always try my best to promote my sites through others active forum and social networks like Facebook, Google plus etc. I also use some paid advertising like Facebook ads.
So, how do you promote your site(s) ? Do you use any paid advertising system ?

Advertisement Placeholder
Signature links and posting on active sites in the same niche, also posting links to Facebook & Twitter

Yeah this is something I have been struggling with. My advertising efforts seem to be failing me. I'm trying to get a small community going on my website without much luck. I'm starting to think it just isn't interesting to people...

I'm always open to new advertising ideas.

Signature links and posting on active sites in the same niche, also posting links to Facebook & Twitter
What do you post to Facebook?

I've seen tremendous success posting links to threads on facebook. They usually have to be semi-dramatic threads, but it creates a lot of discussion on facebook and that pushes it pretty hard if you have a following.

Paid advertisements usually have to be specifically focused. Certain ones are good, while others are not so you need to discern which is which. however, I'd suggest pursuing the free advertisements and word of mouth and seeing the results before switching to pay.

Promoting any site has got to be the toughest part about running a site I believe. I always find that taking advantage of something you do on a daily basis such as forum posting is a great way to promote a forum. Having your link in your signature or in your profile on a forum you are active on is one great way to gain exposure. Another great way to gain exposure is to maybe consider guest blog posting. In most cases when guest blog posting you can leave a link behind with your blog post, I have found that to be a great way to get exposure.

After having your blog be active and running, you need to promote it in order to get visitors and also traffic. There're many ways to promote and get traffic, both free methods and paid methods.

Free methods such as: Doing SEO, Social Media Content sharing, Youtube sharing, Facebook Content (Fanpage, Group), Twitter, Google+, Pinterest,...and many other channels that give you free using and promotions

Paid methods such as: Doing SEM such as Google Adwords, GDN, Solo ads, Facebook ads, Twitter ads, banner ads,...

So it depends on your budgets that you will choose which methods can give you the best effort, or you need to combine between free & paid methods in order to get the highest effective results

I hope this helps.

Promotion is always hard to do. I promote by free methods of advertising such SEO, YouTube, Social Media, and finally webmaster forums. I have never bought ads before but I may consider purchasing paid advertising if I own a online community again.

How can you get traffic for your site if you don't promote it?

Well, that's easy. SEO. We don't need to actively promote, because forums are not our target market. I bet my bottom dollar my site isn't interesting to you.

But - of course - you probably think that posting your website link everywhere helps you get traffic. It doesn't. It gives you one-timers that hit your bounce rate like no tomorrow. We have a 60% Bounce, acceptable.

I promote my website in a number of different ways, some get better results than others. :p Different online promotion methods i use include Forum Signature Advertising, Blog Posting, Directory Submissions, Social Network Sharing, Buying Advertising On Websites & more. :p

Since this site is a forum, we promote it in different ways, Promotion threads and advertising services on promotion forums, signature links and posting on actives sites, updating our social networking accounts when we can. These all are good ways of getting new members on the forum.

My music lessons ones are promoted for free, well actually only because of free boosting by one member, on Facebook, while my hosting one gets free advertising via a pay-per-show mechanism on a website promotion forum.

How can you get traffic for your site if you don't promote it?

Some websites encourage promotion from others.

Last edited:
SEO is by far the most lucrative way to receive traffic. It's effortless and free. Next is social media, Facebook and Twitter, maybe even Reddit, but don't spam Reddit or your domain will get banned and then you're done.

Word of mouth is good too.

Ensuring your community is fully optimized for mobile, search engines and human beings are the best you can do. As others have pointed to, paid promotions and free advertising/marketing are excellent follow-ups but the site needs to be configured well to get the most out of attracting visitors without much effort.

I advertise locally generally and also on forums and do a little bit of advertising online (Generally buy ad space on forums). The most successful advertising has been word of mouth and making connections. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds