Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How do you make your content noticeable?

Credits
Creating valuable content is just half the battle. The other half is getting that content in front of the right audience. In this digital age, where everyone is vying for attention, it's essential to make your posts or content stand out.

So, how do you make your content noticeable? Do you have a strategy or a set of tactics you use to grab the attention of your target audience? Are there any tools or techniques you have found particularly useful?

Let's discuss and share our experiences on what works and what doesn't when it comes to making our content noticeable. Are there any specific social media platforms that have been successful for you? Have you experimented with different types of media such as videos or graphics? Or, have you found that optimizing your content for search engines is the key to gaining visibility?

Advertisement Placeholder
For my forum resources, I have the top 5 latest codes displayed in the forum description of the forum they belong to. I also have all the skin thumbnails featured on the board index and linked to their respective topics. The resources index is also an accessible way to help members find the content they are after and keep things organized at the same time. For general topics, I depend on the active topics list and the last 5 topics posted to features to keep those in check, but since I'm mainly about resources I am more focused on highlighting the resources than the general topics.

Well, I do it the "old fashioned" way... by "word of mouth" (which translates to fingers). I participate in several other sites (Reddit and forums) that are specific to my niche, and I have NO problem with linking to pertinent content on my site in a discussion on any of them. I get quite a few hits (and have gotten several new users) from doing such.
This article (and it's associated discussion thread) has been getting quite a few hits via search and from the link on the site provided and resulted in a user signing up and actively engaging in discussion... which resulted in more hits, and more content created for the article from the discussion.

Is there better ways? Most likely. But the wider you can spread your "seed" the more likely you are to get a blossom.

Last edited:
I believe that everything depends on the platform where you are promoting your content because that is what is going to determine who is actually having access to the content and if it's something that is of a high-quality, I believe that a lot of people are going to be interested in reading it and always coming back for more.

If you can find a way to promote your contents on very active forums and even TikTok if there's a way to do that, I'm very sure that it's going to have positive result.

Making content easily readable is important. As a forum owner/admin threads that are created need to be semi-flashy, for lack of a better word, because it will bring attention to the topic at hand. You can do this by adding images that relate to the topic, colorful (but readable) text color to bring the attention in. I then would go to social media and make it kind of a question, because people like answering questions, related to the topic. Hopefully this invites people to become a member, or if they are a member - they may login and post a bit!

Presentation is a big piece of getting people hooked.

I have NO problem with linking to pertinent content on my site in a discussion on any of them.
I struggle with this! I always think I'm being rude by adding my link to posts (especially on Facebook or Reddit). Unfortunately, I'm naturally reserved so perhaps overly cautious of offending!

Presentation is a big piece of getting people hooked.
Very true - I've gone for a minimalistic look with a hint of the retro forums of old. Not sure if I've achived it, but I think it looks decent.

Annoyingly though... having looked at "competitors" who have many tens of thousands of threads (mostly on their news sites) their forums look absolutely awful and are bearly functional!

I struggle with this! I always think I'm being rude by adding my link to posts (especially on Facebook or Reddit). Unfortunately, I'm naturally reserved so perhaps overly cautious of offending!

Very true - I've gone for a minimalistic look with a hint of the retro forums of old. Not sure if I've achived it, but I think it looks decent.

Annoyingly though... having looked at "competitors" who have many tens of thousands of threads (mostly on their news sites) their forums look absolutely awful and are bearly functional!
It depends, if you're an active contributor and you link every now and then, then I see no harm. If you only post content linking to your forum, then that could easily be taken offended. But I agree, I usually don't go posting links in posts on other forums too.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds