Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How do you handle appeals?

Thomasss

Addicted member
Credits
I think everyone has their own way of handing a ban appeal, whether they show it to the team and the team decides or they make the decision on their own, but I am always curious as to how forums handle their appeal process, or do you guys even allow ban appeals at all? =O

Advertisement Placeholder
I put it to the rest of the team that were involved, generally then it will be looked at, but it is rare that we allow a banned member back on the site.

I generally allow the leadership staff team to help with it. Although, if it's a simple case (i.e. someone who was banned multiple years ago for a trivial reason), I just do it myself.

If they appeal, I usually do it myself. I do not ban all that much anyway and if I do, the morons would never get an appeal as it is. :p

I have had someone want their PM ban taken off but I dismissed it straight away to be honest. If you did something bad once that warranted a specific decision then it shouldn't be taken back unless it was a bad decision or unfair judgement

If someone contacts me through skype I will definitely listen to them. Depending on what they've done I would decide whether to give them a chance or not. In most cases I do not allow ban appeals because the members who are requesting them are already on a repeat offense, I've given 4 chances at my forum and I view them breaking rules at other forums. If they show they have changed then I'd consider it.

I've only allowed one ban appeal to go through and they ended up getting banned again quickly.

I think everyone has their own way of handing a ban appeal, whether they show it to the team and the team decides or they make the decision on their own, but I am always curious as to how forums handle their appeal process, or do you guys even allow ban appeals at all? =O

For Ban Appeals it is looked by the staff team.

I discuss it with who issued past warnings and issued the ban first. If they agree, I talk with the other part of the team.

Usually, if I ban a member on the forum it's for a reason. The procedure was for them to private message me on the Discord Server and ask for unban, I would then get them to fill in a appeal template and I would make a decision whether they are going unbanned or not based on there appeal. I had to deal with a few ban appeals when I was a founder of my old community and this how the appeal process worked.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds