Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How do you go above and beyond?

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
How do you go above and beyond for your members that no other community does for their own?

I'd love to see actual examples here. What have you done to do this?

Going above and beyond would mean helping your members more than any other community in your niche. How have you completed this value?

Advertisement Placeholder
I visit other forums and help contribute to their activity and I do that without any obligation. When I first joined Forum Promotion, I saw that the owner would sign up on new forums and I thought that was really a cool thing to do. I started adopting that concept myself when I got hired to be on staff and I try to continue it to this day. The hard part is knowing that 50% of those forums won't exist beyond the first year, so I struggle with wondering if I should continue to practice this? I have an unspoken rule where I only sign up on forums that have been around for a few months.

I have an unspoken rule where I only sign up on forums that have been around for a few months.
That's a good rule.

Many people create communities only to shut them down months later because they didn't go as planned.

Usually, you can predict it by looking at their community.

If they never post or visit their own community and everything is empty, then chances are, they won't keep it going.

Many community owners, well, new beginners, have this weird ideology that their community will go "viral" overnight. In 2023, it's not possible anymore unless you introduce it to a niche in a viral way. The internet is too large and too competitive for something to grow so quickly.

If you can't give something the time it deserves to grow, then don't try to grow it, IMO.

That's a good rule.

Many people create communities only to shut them down months later because they didn't go as planned.

If they never post or visit their own community and everything is empty, then chances are, they won't keep it going.

Many community owners, well, new beginners, have this weird ideology that their community will go "viral" overnight. In 2023, it's not possible anymore unless you introduce it to a niche in a viral way. The internet is too large and too competitive for something to grow so quickly.

If you can't give something the time it deserves to grow, then don't try to grow it, IMO.

You're so right!! It takes years to get loyal members returning daily and who want to contribute.

That's a good rule.

Yeah or if you have close friends into forums

Of course, you might be able to rile an existing audience up about a new forum before you launch it, if you have an audience through another means such as a newsletter or blog.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds