Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How Do You Find Website Investors?

Advertisement Placeholder
In my opinion a lot of the investment needs to come from yourself, no investors will be willing to pitch in until you've gotten off the ground a little. You need to first create something yourself, and then try to pitch it to them to back. Nothing shows a prospective investor your willingness to make a project work like being heavily invested in it yourself.

Hopefully you get the money you need bud!

Agreed with Gytix.
I think I know what script your talking about :p Was looking at it myself and considering buying it. Although I was going to go with the pro version and that was for $1,200.
Anyhow, Investors won't just come to you if you have nothing to show. Perhaps if you had something in the past that shows you can manage a big website and make it successful, then maybe someone can come knocking.

However for a fresh webmaster to come and ask for funds, they would seriously need to put up one hell of a presentation that shows exactly point by point how they would do the following:
1) Marketing
2) Gain Publisher/Advertisers (both are important! Can't have one without the other).
3) How you intend to gain a profit. (And not just the commission off sales)

Not to mention, why they should invest in you and what perks they get with it.

Getting investors is not always an easy thing. Especially for online businesses. It has gotten better in the last several years, but there is still a long way to go. A good alternative though (provided that you are old enough) is you can also go and ask for a loan from the bank. I was granted a $2 thousand loan a while back. Only thing with this is, interest fees will be high. The stakes will be higher as well as this will directly harm your credit if you fail to pay your payments on time.

Another option is to try and get a joint venture. Someone who provides the funds while you do the front end work for the website. This seems to be a big option for many fresh webmasters. There are plenty of websites out there that are there to help get two people together for this sort of thing.

Yep, we're looking at the same script. I emailed the developer to see if he can offer me some kind of financing. I suggested spreading the payments across 6-12 months, we'll just have to wait on his response.

Thank you both very much for your feedback. I've been putting more money into my network than I've been getting out of it. I'm honestly considering closing down a couple of sites, even my web hosting company, just because they're sucking so much money out, and don't allow room for projects like these.

Thanks again! :)

closing down a couple of sites, even my web hosting company

Bit offtopic but does Volact have any current clients?

The problem with closing projects is that people aren't going to trust you to continue with a new project long term so they won't signup. I am completely guilty of starting too many projects in the past and, while I learned a load, it was detrimental as I was forced to close and sell a lot of websites. I would recommend you streamline and give 1 or 2 of your sites your full attention. Once those have become successful, then move onto your next project.

As for your original question. You may be able to find investors in the partnership/joint venture section on digitalpoint, hackforums and other large forums.

I think I remember seeing the same script in the past when I did some research into starting an ad network. What put me off was that you have to have top websites/publishers to attract advertisers but you NEED top advertisers to attract publishers. The only way to break this circle is to have a successful network with advertisers already purchasing ads on your site.

You may also find this script useful: http://www.phplemon.com/adquick-adbrite-clone.php. You could then spend some money on a design to make it unique.

Volact has very few clients. I've decided to keep the company open, but I'm going to look into different servers, to see if I can find a smaller and cheaper plan now.

Also, good news! I bought the script! Well, kinda. The developer and I came to an agreement to put $100 down, and pay the rest over 6-12 months.

Here's the demo: http://www.kliptu.com/demo/buysellads/

I installed it onto one of my sites, but it's having a weird issue and isn't loading. I've contacted the developer, and we'll have to see what he can do. I think this would be a great project for UpNetwork, and hopefully it can slowly drive in revenue long-term.

I'll keep you guys posted! :)

Volact has very few clients. I've decided to keep the company open, but I'm going to look into different servers, to see if I can find a smaller and cheaper plan now.

Also, good news! I bought the script! Well, kinda. The developer and I came to an agreement to put $100 down, and pay the rest over 6-12 months.

Here's the demo: http://www.kliptu.com/demo/buysellads/

I installed it onto one of my sites, but it's having a weird issue and isn't loading. I've contacted the developer, and we'll have to see what he can do. I think this would be a great project for UpNetwork, and hopefully it can slowly drive in revenue long-term.

I'll keep you guys posted! :)
Well congrats!
Hopefully it serves you well. Maybe I wont create one if yours turns out to be decent :D

No one will invest on your project unless that person is going to get something valuable in return.

If I need to get a script, I work on the internet and use that money to buy my script.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds