Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you deal with workplace harassment when working online?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
How do you deal with workplace harassment while working online? I tend to report any issues I have with co-workers to my superiors, but there are times where I have worked for sites in the past, where one of the co-workers on staff decided to constantly message me and spam me with offensive memes. I wasn't having it and told him to stop, he didn't listen so I reported him to my superior. I like to give warnings to people first before I report them though.

Advertisement Placeholder
It is easy to harass people online because they can easily vanish into thin air and there is no way you can book these people by law unless you know these people personally. I have been harassed multiple times. The first time it occurred put me under a lot of stress and anxiety issues, but these days I do not care about harassment.

The online space has given people freedom to think that they can do anything they want to do and get away with it. The best thing to do here is to report to your employers so that appropriate action can be taken. Most of the time it is even better that you should just ignore it.

It's easy for people to harass you online, but it's also easy to ignore these people online. It's easy to do pretty much anything with anyone online. 😂
What's difficult is finding legit work online, and if you've found it (like here, for example) 😘 then you've struck gold. ✨

My wife has been harassed a few times doing freelance work. Someone had gotten upset with her and kept spamming her, placing orders, and causing her to pay a fee for having to cancel them and refund the payment every time.

My wife has been harassed a few times doing freelance work. Someone had gotten upset with her and kept spamming her, placing orders, and causing her to pay a fee for having to cancel them and refund the payment every time.

I think that many freelancing websites have a proper way of reporting such spammers. You could have reported such kind of spammers and the website administration may have had taken some action against the person for abusing the system.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds