Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How Do You Choose Admins?

MrGravyCakes

Credits
Choosing admins is a hard task for any forum, what kind of things do you do to ensure that the people you chose to be admins are the right kind of people?

Advertisement Placeholder
When choosing someone to be an administrator on my forum, I like to choose someone I know before giving them a position like that.

Of course, you can always give them a position as a moderator (or some position that has limited abilities) and see how well they perform on your forum before giving them an admin position.

I think that this is a tough question for anyone. A admin needs to be someone trustworthy, and capable of doing the job. Generally, I think it's best to try them out in a lower position like moderator, so that they can proven they're capable of doing the job.

I usually either start with a co-admin/founder who is someone I know and trust, am friends with, etc. or if I need to add an admin after the forum has started, I look for both activity and knowledge/expertise, plus I still want to know them/trust them.

Getting an admin position in my forum is not an easy job. I normally start hiring them as moderators and they have to prove themselves by being active, posting all across the forums, seeing to it that spamming does not happen in the forum. When I beleive that the person can be trusted and he/she is doing the job more effectively then I hire them and I usually monitor them for a longer period.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds