Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How do you choose a theme for your website?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
Do you select a theme by simply going through several themes available?
Or do you search for a theme by having a particular color in your mind.

Or are you a theme creator who creates a theme whenever you are in need of a theme?

Well in my case, I would simply go through several themes and will install the one which I like the most. But sometime though, I search for themes based on a specific color!

Advertisement Placeholder
Usually I just troll the theme database on my forum software for anything good, but if it's for a website I actually need to look super uber good, I just buy a theme from ShadyX :D

Usually I just troll the theme database on my forum software for anything good, but if it's for a website I actually need to look super uber good, I just buy a theme from ShadyX :D
Get other people to do the effort for you. XD

I play. I am in that area where my love of doing design work is not quite matched by my talent - although modern image software does help lol. However when I am after a theme I will trawl through stuff, not just official themes but themes on other software and sites, and random images, until something starts growing then I open my drawing software and start trying to distil the idea. I usually end up using a combination of a theme and my own images to a greater or lesser extent.

It depends on the topic. For example, Black would work better for a paranormal site while Green is a good choice for many sports. Deciding on the colour scheme would narrow things down enabling a selection to be made from what is left.

Irrespective of the website topic / area that I'm dealing with, i usually go for something that's light colored and the one that's not a burden to the user's eye.

Something like a combination of white, gray and back shades are more than enough for me to fall in love with. Or maybe something that's has different shades of light colors and a contrasting dark color.
But then again, I look into the design and minute details that the coder / template designer included.

When I am searching for a theme I think that is the one thing I spend the longest time on :) I always go for a theme that will work with the kind of genre of forum I am running.

The forum I am running at the moment which is a general chat forum I wanted to find colours that where calm, not too bright and looked fun. Took me a while but I finally found one that worked and I am now happy with the outcome of it. I feel is you can find a theme you like that the creator doesn't mind you editing as long as you keep the copyright then you can change it to suit your forum yourself.

I usually try to customize something that is nice looking from a stock board, with a little knowledge of html and css its not too hard to get things going. but I'm super picky so i try to find themes that are already established and are close to the color that i like.

I'd rather make my own or hire someone, as I'd rather have my vision or something exclusive to me to look at every day.

Other than that, I look for something that sticks out and goes along with the theme. The design HAS to be good otherwise I won't think twice about leaving it in the dust. If it doesn't meet my standards then it gets the boot.

Well it depends. Sometime i have particular color in mind so i search it or sometime i select a theme by simply going through several themes available.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds