Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How did you pick your niche?

Christopher1

Addicted member
Credits
I've always had a passion for marketing. Even when the myspace craze was hot and heavy, I wanted to advertise anything and everything. Why? Besides being passionate about it, it was FUN! It made me want to get up in the morning, go to class and ask questions and constantly discover how to become a better marketer. Then, I took this passion and started writing articles to help others learn more about marketing and sharing marketing best practices.

How did you pick your niche?

Advertisement Placeholder
My dad was into websites, he taught me how to write a basic HTML page. After he taught me I began a course on Udemy about web design and development

I honestly think I just stumbled upon a web-master forum once through a sidebar advertisement, I clicked it and I saw all the different people online and posting really interesting threads. I saw them sharing some inside jokes, and I wanted to be apart of it so I just made an account and posted every chance I got. Then after a while I found myself with 2,000 posts and apart of a really awesome community.

After that I was hooked on everything web related.

I've always like video games and CoD4 is the only game that I know like the back of my hand.

I think that when you pick a niche that you love, you do better with it. One that you want to learn as you go, but are really and truly interested in is good as well.

I think that when you pick a niche that you love, you do better with it. One that you want to learn as you go, but are really and truly interested in is good as well.

This I agree with. Doing a niche` that you are interested in is something that you'll be more likely to work harder at because you have a passion for it. And you can tell when someone is passionate about a particular subject as well. So, people are more likely to hang around your site when you (the owner) are interested in the subject matter.

It was really simple for me. I have so many different things I love to talk about that it felt best to create a general discussion forum so that I could chat about what interests me but also have a place for people to be able to talk about what interests them too. It's difficult to get a general discussion forum active and keep it active so it takes a lot of unique ideas but once you get a steady flow of active members you could have a close-knit interesting forum.

It was really simple for me. I have so many different things I love to talk about that it felt best to create a general discussion forum so that I could chat about what interests me but also have a place for people to be able to talk about what interests them too. It's difficult to get a general discussion forum active and keep it active so it takes a lot of unique ideas but once you get a steady flow of active members you could have a close-knit interesting forum.

I agree. I've always been a talker meaning I'd pretty much discuss anything at anytime and anywhere. "I'm an annoying talker." Is what people say, but back on topic. Theres so many general discussion forums one would think that theirs wouldn't make it? Not necessarily that's not why I chose General Discussion. Basically I chose General Discussion because I love to talk. Make what suits you is the best :)

Normally I pick a niche that I have interest in and some knowledge in too, otherwise what would be the point in writing about it? :tongueout: Then I would normally look to see if there's a gap in the market for that niche and if there wasn't I would try to slightly adapt it or change the direct target of things I'd talk about to ensure my blog remains unique and appealing to potential readers

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds