Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

How did you come up with your forum name?

Website
agoraforo.com
Credits
As the title says, how did you come up with it and what does it mean or stand for ?

As for Admin Junkies, I had a list of names debating what I would use. The list was the following:

AdminSymposium
AdminPanel
AdminNetwork
AdminJunkies
AdminMarketplace
AdminChat
ForumMarketplace
Forum2Forum
AdminExchange

I choose Admin Junkies because it's both referring to an admin forum which is straight to the point and the Junkies part is because I want to target forum addictive people. It had a ring to it and therefore I choose to proceed with it.

Advertisement Placeholder
The last forum I had which was a general chat forum was called Chat Addicts. I knew I wanted a general chat forum and knew what I wanted the forum to consist of and how I wanted to promote it, wanted it to be a place where people could come, hang out, chat away, and meet new friends. With that came the name Chat Addicts and it stuck. Easy to remember and catchy.

I was wanting to call my community TheZone since it's a general discussion forum and I wanted to be creative with the domain name. However, literally all the "the" domain names have been taken so I thought of "TheeZone" and noticed that the .zone domain name wasn't taken so I settled with that.

I went through ChatGPT looking for names and I think also Namelix?

I knew I wanted something with 'Forum' or 'Board' in the name. I went with 'ForumSpark' because I liked the idea of something like 'sparking a new forum into life'.

Other names that I kind of liked with Fyrum and BoardForge but I feel like this has a better ring to it. (Turns out @Cedric used to own the domain though! 😅)

I went through ChatGPT looking for names and I think also Namelix?

I knew I wanted something with 'Forum' or 'Board' in the name. I went with 'ForumSpark' because I liked the idea of something like 'sparking a new forum into life'.

Other names that I kind of liked with Fyrum and BoardForge but I feel like this has a better ring to it. (Turns out @Cedric used to own the domain though! 😅)
Hah yeah, that was a bit funny. I owned two forums for a brief time called Forum Spark. Funny that ChatGPT suggested that name. Nonetheless, it’s a brilliant name. Happy that you chose this one for your new software.

Atrium was considered because we wanted a name to relate to people gathering to one place. :) inCommotion - because I wanted something to be the newest fad and create a commotion. LostFuture - Idk why but it made me think of wasting your time away on the forum - I must admit it isn't the best name... but I liked it back in the day. Dumbledore's Army - because it was important in the Harry Potter book and I wanted to be a community so a "army"

Most of my forums have had that community vibe considered within the name. The name is definitely something that can take a bit of time to figure out.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds