Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hockey player Adam Johnson passes away in freak accident

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
I don't know if you guys have heard about this, but I wanted to bring it up to get your views on it. Recently hockey player Adam Johnson of the Nottingham Panthers died after being struck in the neck by the skate of Sheffield Steelers' Matt Petgrave. The move looked intentional and I heard police are investigating this. There is video of the incident, but I suggest not watching it.

In the video, you can clearly see Petgrave swing one of his legs around striking Johnson pretty hard. Johnson went down and was help up to his teams side, where it's said he died soon after. Fans, hockey players and other sports stars are calling for Petgrave to face some time for what he did. In the US, something like this would be a clear case of manslaughter, as Petgrave clearly made an attempt to hit Johnson, no way it was an accident either. The way he moved to me at least, indicated he wanted to at least hurt Johnson, but instead caused the end of his life.

I also heard from other sites, that Petgrave is known to get too physical in games and has been called out for it before. Should Petgrave face consequences for this action? Accidents in sports happen all the time, but this looked like a case of someone wanting to hit someone, but instead resulting in much worse, in this case death.

What do you think should happen to Petgrave? Should he be charged with manslaughter charges? What is the law like in England when someone dies from an intentional hit, but it wasn't meant to result in death? In the US, that's manslaughter.

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't know if you guys have heard about this, but I wanted to bring it up to get your views on it. Recently hockey player Adam Johnson of the Nottingham Panthers died after being struck in the neck by the skate of Sheffield Steelers' Matt Petgrave. The move looked intentional and I heard police are investigating this. There is video of the incident, but I suggest not watching it.

In the video, you can clearly see Petgrave swing one of his legs around striking Johnson pretty hard. Johnson went down and was help up to his teams side, where it's said he died soon after. Fans, hockey players and other sports stars are calling for Petgrave to face some time for what he did. In the US, something like this would be a clear case of manslaughter, as Petgrave clearly made an attempt to hit Johnson, no way it was an accident either. The way he moved to me at least, indicated he wanted to at least hurt Johnson, but instead caused the end of his life.

I also heard from other sites, that Petgrave is known to get too physical in games and has been called out for it before. Should Petgrave face consequences for this action? Accidents in sports happen all the time, but this looked like a case of someone wanting to hit someone, but instead resulting in much worse, in this case death.

What do you think should happen to Petgrave? Should he be charged with manslaughter charges? What is the law like in England when someone dies from an intentional hit, but it wasn't meant to result in death? In the US, that's manslaughter.

Damn it! This is very horrible way to go. May his soul rest in peace. All sports come with accidents and risk. It's just like footballer break their legs and some have heart attack when playing. The unfortunate one's die in process.

This is like one of those scenes which you watch in horror movies. I was freaked out watching this horrible accident. Petgrave should not face consequences for this action that is out what the sports board deem as the right punishment. He might get banned for playing for 1 year but no one will sue him for manslaughter.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds