Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hiring Staff: What Questions Do You Ask?

Kane

Captain Junkie
Credits
While interviewing staff for my websites, I ask three questions:
Are you actually interested in the job?
How skilled and experienced are you for the job?
How much time you can give for the job?
The remuneration and perks I offer will be based on the answers to these questions.
What questions do you ask while hiring staff for your communities?

Advertisement Placeholder
When I'm planning on hiring a staff, the main area where I need to know things from him is on his skills and experience in the job I wanted to hire for. If he had the skill to work on what I need but no experience in the field, if his skills levels is good, I will hire him and teach him on the job.

I like to know the following questions...

1. Why work at "forum/community name"?
2. How much time can you likely spend on the community? [give them ranges to choose between]
3. What was your previous experience on similar communities?
4. Why do you think you'd be a good fit for the community?
5. Do they have any questions regarding the community/goals/vision and what roles they would have?
6. What timezone do they live in to best know when they might be the most active.

All these help me know whether they'll be active in their role, when they will take part in the community, maybe discover what they love most about the community and see how to use your strengths.

The thing with new forums is that some members desire to be moderators bcs they see potential or like the forum. Now, I am faced with dilema because they ask to join the team. Personally, I don't need anyone in early stages because I can cover everything alone. Traffic is low. But I feel bad to reject them because that can push them off the forum. So I accept for the moment. :p

When it comes to hiring someone on my forum, I often ask the following questions

1. What experience do you have working within online forums
2. How much time do you feel you can dedicate to the forum
3. Why they believe they should be chosen for the job at hand
4. What they feel they can bring to the table as a staff member at my forum

These I feel are important and can help me see the intentions of the person applying for the role on my forum.

While interviewing staff for my websites, I ask three questions:
Are you actually interested in the job?
How skilled and experienced are you for the job?
How much time you can give for the job?
The remuneration and perks I offer will be based on the answers to these questions.
What questions do you ask while hiring staff for your communities?

Asking a potential staff whether they are really interested in the job should be an opener to know what they think about the job. Also, I will want to know how active someone is before deciding that I should hire them too to be a staff on my forum as well.

I'd probably ask them questions primarily about time and coding since my board is, after all, a coding resource board. I'd also ask them what other sites they've been staff members on so I can see some of their previous activity on those forums.

I like to know the following questions...

1. Why work at "forum/community name"?
2. How much time can you likely spend on the community? [give them ranges to choose between]
3. What was your previous experience on similar communities?

6. What timezone do they live in to best know when they might be the most active.
The questions 1, 2, 3, and 6 will be my main focus whenever I'm interviewing a new potential staff I want to hire. I need to know what led decide to become my staff, how long they can contribute every day, their experience which is very vital and their time zone which will help me to know when they will be online and asleep.

I'd probably ask them questions primarily about time and coding since my board is, after all, a coding resource board. I'd also ask them what other sites they've been staff members on so I can see some of their previous activity on those forums.

These are good questions to ask. Since your forum is all about coding, they should have an idea about coding before they can be made staff on the forum. This is to enable them take action when there are needs for an action to be taken too.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds