Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Hiding Online Status?

HyperActive1

Website
thevideogamers.com
Credits
This is a feature on many forums, by default. Do you find this feature useful? Why or why not?

I've only used this a few times, just for "undercover" work. There's really no use for it in my opinion, or that I know of.

What are the reasons for using it?

Advertisement Placeholder
I like it. I use it a lot. It just makes people think I actually have a life, and am not just online during all of my free time.

I don't mind showing my status online when I am online. Well, sometimes it's good to hide it, especially when you are busy, but are online from a phone. I even love to see stats on forums to check how many members were online today, so it makes me feel that the forum is active or not.

I don't mind this feature. Some members find this feature useful and I have seen them hide there online status before. This feature is neither good or bad for me because I can't think of reason why I would want to hide myself from the online list.

This is a feature on many forums, by default. Do you find this feature useful? Why or why not?

I've only used this a few times, just for "undercover" work. There's really no use for it in my opinion, or that I know of.

What are the reasons for using it?

I think people use it like this...

I will be "viewing the forums but I won't actively do anything". But if your doing this to keep people from PMing you for example then honestly why are you here? I can understand for legitimate annoyance but those can be done with a blocking. But by large people are PMing you for a viable reason.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds