Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Helping a friend out but hes a little underknowledged

shadowslight

Renowned member
Website
soothingchaos.com
Credits
Hey everyone, I could use some advice. I have a friend who wants to do a hosting site that does post 2 host. I know that this is a HUGE undertaking. And I myself am not 100% sure what is all ...or what would be all required to make a functional site.
I cant talk him out of it so i'm gonna do my damndest to help him make a good run at it.

here are my questions:
what am i gonna need for a host server size?
what applications can i use so it sets up these user accounts
...maybe more later but thats all i got for now.

Advertisement Placeholder
I work in a web development company and we have a bunch of clients who use our reseller hosting, so I think I can give some advice.

If he is starting small, I would say that a basic reseller (5gb/100gb)package will do. As more people come in, he can upgrade further.
For accounts, I would recommend manually adding them in WHM.

From experience, post2host communities usually have a lot of spammy, one word and pointless posts, though.

I work in a web development company and we have a bunch of clients who use our reseller hosting, so I think I can give some advice.

If he is starting small, I would say that a basic reseller (5gb/100gb)package will do. As more people come in, he can upgrade further.
For accounts, I would recommend manually adding them in WHM.

From experience, post2host communities usually have a lot of spammy, one word and pointless posts, though.
ok i was fearing things like dedicated servers and such.

i guess i have seen taht too in a post to host community, i guess one of the restrictions would have to be quality posts eh?

Dedicated servers would be overkill, imo. I'd much rather have a bunch of reseller servers, so if one maxes out, it wouldn't affect the others. Of course there will always be those who say "OMG NO DEDICATED? U SUCK LOLOL". Yeah.

And yes. quality posts are important. Haha.

No, because it can be easily abused. Manual setups are more tedious, but at least you can vet the request (check posts and such) before going on. I feel that it's better in the long run.

You could do a P2H on a reseller account. In fact, it'd probably be a lot better in terms of cost savings and not getting into server management and the like. TheHostingTool can connect to some forum softwares to automate the whole process.

You could, as said above, do manual checking. There is really no issue with this. Just get a points mod and a request area.

For the reseller. It could actually be quite cheap (here's one of my offers: http://y4s.org/U )Then as said above, add more accounts on different servers.

You have to make it so users feel they can achieve the hosting. Remembering that the majority of users will not get the required points. You also want to make sure your friend is offering something different from free hosts: more reliable, cloudflare, 1 click installs etc. :)

You could do a P2H on a reseller account. In fact, it'd probably be a lot better in terms of cost savings and not getting into server management and the like. TheHostingTool can connect to some forum softwares to automate the whole process.

You could, as said above, do manual checking. There is really no issue with this. Just get a points mod and a request area.

For the reseller. It could actually be quite cheap (here's one of my offers: http://y4s.org/U )Then as said above, add more accounts on different servers.

You have to make it so users feel they can achieve the hosting. Remembering that the majority of users will not get the required points. You also want to make sure your friend is offering something different from free hosts: more reliable, cloudflare, 1 click installs etc. :smile:
I planned on doing the reseller deal, but i've looked into the hosting tool and i cant figure out how the hell to get it to work lol, ... any advice? He's not too fond of trying to do the manual input

I haven't used the software in a while and it does seem to have a slow update, possibly it doesn't work anymore? Manual could be quite easy, I mean honestly your friend isn't going to be getting more than a request a week to start off with... I also think that manual requesting would help your friend control the quality of the posting. It doesn't have to be 100% manual, I'm sure a mod could be found to create a points subscription or something..

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds