Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have You Written for Print Magazines?

Kane

Captain Junkie
Credits
I have written over two thousand articles for various newspapers in my country. I started writing for newspapers when I was still in college and I still write for newspapers occasionally and make money as a newspaper writer. I have been submitting my articles to international magazines frequently but have never been accepted. However, I have been published in a lot of online magazines. The rejection rate is really high but when you get accepted for a print magazine, you will earn really well. Have you written for print publications?

Advertisement Placeholder
No, but I have always wanted to get into a major magazine. These days in print media is dying out. I don't think there are that many magazines, at least physical ones on the market anymore. Now they're all going digital, which is fine, they still charge for a subscription.

Newspapers are even going digital. Soon enough print media will be a thing of the past.

Yeah, print magazines and newspapers are dying. Recently, the oldest newspaper in the United Kingdom shut down. Print publications are having a hard time surviving the influx of digital media. I still have a dream of publishing my works in international media.

I received publication in my community college literary journal that gets a small print run each year. The experience was valuable as I learned how print publications operate in comparison to online ones.

Print publications are limited by the size of the paper that makes them up, necessitating more careful design. This design is highly sought after expertise, and thus costs more. By contrast, anyone can put up a website using a template and start accepting submissions with far less design expertise. Likewise, websites need more pages - they are financially incentivized for doing so - where every new contributor is a cost to a print magazine because they need to print more pages to put them on.

All of this means that online journals and magazines accept more contributors.

Print media has to put more resources into publishing their media, they also have limited space, therefore, they are very careful about what they are going to publish. However, that's not the case with online media. Therefore, it is easy to become successufl online copmpared to offline.

As much as I would love to write for something such as a magazine company or even a newspaper company, I have not had the chance as of yet.

To be honest, I wouldn't even know where to start if I am honest to write for magazines and newspapers. I tend to just work and offer my services and hope one day, someone may see my work.

As much as I would love to write for something such as a magazine company or even a newspaper company, I have not had the chance as of yet.

To be honest, I wouldn't even know where to start if I am honest to write for magazines and newspapers. I tend to just work and offer my services and hope one day, someone may see my work.
A lot of magazines are open for unsolicited submissions. If you are good at humor writing, try college humor (it is an online magazine, though). If you can write inspirational stories/essays try Chicken Soup for the Soul.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds