Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you helped finance a family/friends startup?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Was there ever a time where you helped finance a family or friends new startup? I have put some money into a friends startup many years ago, sadly his startup didn't work, but he was able to pay me and some others their initial investment back after he was able to make a good payday elsewhere. With that being said, have you ever been in a situation where you helped another with their startup? How did it go?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have helped friends and my family members multiple times to start their own businesses or startups, but sadly not many of them were able to succeed with their projects. I managed to get my seed money from the equity I was promised for a couple of projects and I lost my money on some projects. But I never made an y profits

I have a couple of friends and some family members that have opened well-established businesses in the past years. I have always tried as much as possible to provide them with necessary help whenever they need it by advise wise or financially and I am happy that they did not take it for granted please.

Yes of course, I have supported my family's business on more than one occasion. In fact, it's something that I do all the time and I'm very happy to offer the help. The last time I supported my family's business financially, it was about $2500 I gave my brother to invest in the business.

I have also supported my friend to start his betting business with $1500 but it was a loan. He's yet to pay me everything back but he's paid at least 60% of the loan back.

Yes of course, I have supported my family's business on more than one occasion. In fact, it's something that I do all the time and I'm very happy to offer the help. The last time I supported my family's business financially, it was about $2500 I gave my brother to invest in the business.

I have also supported my friend to start his betting business with $1500 but it was a loan. He's yet to pay me everything back but he's paid at least 60% of the loan back.

It is good to see that you contributed. I think that contributing to the family is not just about financial contribution. You can contribute in many other ways as well. For example, my family used to run the shop and I used to work there for free. I used to receive a small amount of pocket money only.

I support my friend's start up my patronizing him without looking at the price even if I had lower cost for the same products or services he's selling. All new business start ups have a hard time with getting customers in their early stages.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds