Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Have you ever stopped using any service before meeting the payment threshold?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
I have done this several times. My last one was smowtion. :(
The thing is sometimes I will start using them just for trying out and end up using it for quite sometime. But before I decide to quit them, I might already have earned some money. My last one was smowtion and it still has around 50USD of mine! :(

Have you ever done this?

Advertisement Placeholder
Well no I haven't. seeing that I'm new to online money making, I continue to work until I reach the threshold stated to withdraw as I want to see if the service is really real, so currently, I'm using about two other sites to earn some money from, I'm not yet at the threshold,but I will continue to work with them as I want to see if they do what they say they will do.

I did on one of my first websites. The payout was something like $10 and I only generated $2.70 in ad revenue. I discontinued the site and never ended up collecting the money. I think this is quite common when people put ads on a very low traffic website.

Yes, one of them in particular, Cash Crate, I have like a $10.50 balance on, but their minimum payout threshold is $20. I've ditched them then gone back to them several times over the past few months. Mostly because I forgot that I didn't like them, but this most recent time I started doing some digging through my emails and history with them, and realized that many of their companies that they work with don't pay you for several weeks. In their fine print it mentions that it can take up to six weeks before you are credited for something. So the first few times I tried them out, I got frustrated because I didn't see anything credited to my account, then when I came back a few months later I did notice a higher balance each time and kept thinking I might be able to hit the threshold again. I'm back in the waiting mode again, and did enough tasks that should put me at the $20 mark, but who knows how many weeks I will have to wait for them to go through and be processed.

Another one that I am trying out is Donkeyemails. Their site is an absolute mess, and it looks like a lot of the payments are being handled manually. I am waiting for my first payout from them for about $6, before I do any more sign ups there, because I'm not going to give them any more conversions if they aren't going to pay me,

I almost did. I signed up for AdSense years ago and after 2-3 years of having ads on my sites and having all of $2 to show for it, I turned it all off. Then in 2011 I started making YouTube videos and I was able to connect my channel to my old, abandoned AdSense account. It took me 3 years to earn my first payout from AdSense, with the help of YouTube, but since then I've been getting a payout every 2-3 months. I'm glad I hadn't given up on AdSense entirely!

I don't really like doing this unless the earnings are extremely low and the payout minimum is extremely high. Usually I'd just grind it for a week if it means getting my $20 payout before I leave. I have a hard time reusing free money, especially since I'm a student and don't make any...

I have done that plenty of times. Some of the websites I have gone to that had a payment threshold, I would use the website, and either they made things more difficult than it should be to get the threshold, or it just took too long for me to get it, and I would end up leaving because of it.

I have only returned back to two different services that has a payment threshold, and with them, it is much easier to get, due to it being real low.

I once promoted a web-hosting company which turned out to be bad, I couldn't bring myself to refer anymore people to it as I had stopped using them myself. Lost $50, as the payout threshold was set high ($100) Lesson of the day check the payment thresholds before sending traffic/clients to an offer ;)

Yes, I did that quite a lot sadly. My latest experience of this kind was with a PPD/CPA website where I am still $10 from my payment threshold just because they have revoked a $10 lead.

No, I've never done that. Usually I can tell right away if a site is worth spending any amount of time, energy and effort on. Many sites are definitely not worthy of spending any time on. I've only found a couple that consistently bring in a good chunk of change for me personally.

No, I've never done that. Usually I can tell right away if a site is worth spending any amount of time, energy and effort on. Many sites are definitely not worthy of spending any time on. I've only found a couple that consistently bring in a good chunk of change for me personally.
But what if the revenue is pretty good at start then it start diminishing? Well, that's what happened to me with both smowtion and media.net

Yes I did actually. It was on Ad.Fly. I guess we're all familiar with that site? For those of you who are not, it's basically a site that offers to shorten your links, put an ad to those links so the visitors can view the ad before they can get to your link. Sounds fairly simple right? It is but they pay so little for each ad clicks that before you can even cash out you'd be an old man by that time.

So I had my links on my blogs and sites shortened by that service and I did this because I get a lot of traffic all the time and I figured it would help out in terms of my revenue. But when I checked back, among the thousands of clicks I got I barely made a dollar. So before I regret anything I got off the site. Sounds kind of illogical but I would rather earn less than annoy my visitors with that stupid service.

Does Bubblews count? Lol. I tried that site because some friends recommended it to me. It was quite fun, but gets tedious after a while. I redeemed several times but when more and more people started complaining about not getting paid, I stopped writing. I don't want to support a site that doesn't seem to value its users.

I've done this a few times, thankfully it was never anything where I was only $5 or $10 away from the threshold. I hate making companies free money, but if it takes me forever to get $20 and I need $100 to get paid out, it probably won't happen!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds