Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever had to negotiate your salary?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Was there ever a time you had to negotiate your salary? I figure there are times where you need to figure out the right salary for you. A contract is one thing, but sometimes just a simple salary is the route to go. With that being said, I didn't have to negotiate a salary myself, but I would do it if the job was right. I would negotiate if I feel I am in need of more.

Advertisement Placeholder
While I cannot speak for all countries, it is important to note that in certain African countries, negotiating salary may not be as common or widely accepted as in other regions. Attempting to negotiate your salary might even risk losing the job opportunity altogether. Therefore, it is often advised to consider accepting the offer you have been given without engaging in salary negotiations.

I have negotiated my salary only once in my life and I ended up working for just 17 days. I agreed to work for 20 percent less than what I was asking because they promised to pay me my asking salary after 3 months. However, after 17 days, I had a fight with the SEO and left the job.

I have always been in a situation where I have to negotiate for my salary in all the jobs that I've been able to do which is something I am always going to even bring up before they finalize my employment. This is because that is something I cannot overlook without playing a part in determining how much I'm going to be paid.

I have always been in a situation where I have to negotiate for my salary in all the jobs that I've been able to do which is something I am always going to even bring up before they finalize my employment. This is because that is something I cannot overlook without playing a part in determining how much I'm going to be paid.

I think that finalising things and negotiating things is a very important part of recruitment process. The fact of the matter remains that this is important so that employees and employers could avoid confusion later on. This is why discussing job allowances is also a thing that I recommend as well.

I think that finalising things and negotiating things is a very important part of recruitment process. The fact of the matter remains that this is important so that employees and employers could avoid confusion later on. This is why discussing job allowances is also a thing that I recommend as well.

There is no way I am going to agree to jump up on any job without having to discuss my salary because I already know my job requirement which the company expects from me and I am going to have to discuss my salary to know it is something that is going to be in relation with what I am supposed to do for the company.

There is no way I am going to agree to jump up on any job without having to discuss my salary because I already know my job requirement which the company expects from me and I am going to have to discuss my salary to know it is something that is going to be in relation with what I am supposed to do for the company.

I applied for job at a company where they usually ask people what they are expecting to receive. I am talking about the amount of salary. Do you know why? They want to know what the applicants are expecting to get paid! They ask this question regardless of whatever they are paying. They have fixed salary rates and they never negotiate it! I must say that this is a pretty clever way of getting to know what a candidate is expecting!

I applied for job at a company where they usually ask people what they are expecting to receive. I am talking about the amount of salary. Do you know why? They want to know what the applicants are expecting to get paid! They ask this question regardless of whatever they are paying. They have fixed salary rates and they never negotiate it! I must say that this is a pretty clever way of getting to know what a candidate is expecting!

I've actually been in this kind of situation on several occasions and I can tell you that everything depends on what value you are going to bring to the company because if you know that the value you're bringing to the company is top-notch, you can always negotiate your salary when you tell them what you expect to get paid. They will not want to lose your services, so that are definitely going to negotiate.

I have negotiated my salary only once in my life and I ended up working for just 17 days. I agreed to work for 20 percent less than what I was asking because they promised to pay me my asking salary after 3 months. However, after 17 days, I had a fight with the SEO and left the job.
Yikes, I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like you got out of a horrible job though, as that guy was probably never going to pay you the full amount. :(
That's fair, we should always find out salary before even applying for the job. It should be one of their main points, to drill home that you're getting paid good. I too am not going to work a job without having been interviews or talked to about my job.

Actually, negotiation is also a skill. If you have that skill, you can always negotiate your favors. Negotiation is not just about compromise, it is also about give and take, you give something and you take sometimes, it is also about moving backward, you move one step backward and your client moves one step backward.

I've actually been in this kind of situation on several occasions and I can tell you that everything depends on what value you are going to bring to the company because if you know that the value you're bringing to the company is top-notch, you can always negotiate your salary when you tell them what you expect to get paid. They will not want to lose your services, so that are definitely going to negotiate.

I think that experienced individuals and qualified people are more likely to negotiate salary because they may know their self-worth. There are a few companies that take advantage of many young people and they have a fixed salary. They never even offer you to negotiate the salary in the first place.

I think that experienced individuals and qualified people are more likely to negotiate salary because they may know their self-worth. There are a few companies that take advantage of many young people and they have a fixed salary. They never even offer you to negotiate the salary in the first place.

Exactly!!

This is exactly what I am talking about because in a situation whereby you know exactly what you are bringing to the company that is looking to hire you, you are definitely going to have the ground advantage to negotiate your salary to what you like.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds