Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever had to do crunch to get work done?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Have you ever had to crunch to get your work done as fast as possible? Maybe you have a deadline coming by soon and need to meet it no matter what. I think crunch is a bad thing when it comes to work. No one should be pushing themselves that much to get a paycheck. If it hurts you to make money, then it's really not worth it imo. Anyway, I know the video game industry has been about crunch a lot, but people are fighting to stop that.

Have you ever had to crunch to get work done fast? Did it hurt your business?

Advertisement Placeholder
Have you ever had to crunch to get your work done as fast as possible? Maybe you have a deadline coming by soon and need to meet it no matter what. I think crunch is a bad thing when it comes to work. No one should be pushing themselves that much to get a paycheck. If it hurts you to make money, then it's really not worth it imo. Anyway, I know the video game industry has been about crunch a lot, but people are fighting to stop that.

By crunch, do you mean like rush to finish the job?
If so, then yes. Some transcription jobs have a deadline attached to them. It's hard to rush through a job like that when everything needs to be typed out accurately and precise(ly).
I like the jobs with no deadlines 😍 or better yet, the short snippet voicemails that take about 3 minutes to transcribe. There's no rush on these either, you can always rewind and just type it out until it's finished, or pass on the job completely if the audio is poor.

I have in the past had issues where I have had to reach a deadline for an order I had and I have had to push myself to complete the order so I did not lose the order after nearly completing it.

Sometimes you may feel as though it is not worth it but not completing the order you got could lead to bad reviews and that can hurt your business more.

I am someone who tends to not leave things until last minute if I can help it.

Sometimes it might really be as a result of too much procrastination and I myself sometimes are a victim. There are times when I wouldn't do a project until I'm approaching the deadline and then I will have to stress myself in the end to get the job done.

Sometimes it might really be as a result of too much procrastination and I myself sometimes are a victim. There are times when I wouldn't do a project until I'm approaching the deadline and then I will have to stress myself in the end to get the job done.
This is something I too am very guilty of doing way too often. I will know I have work to complete and targets to hit but I tend to end up in a situation where I procrastinate and I lose track of time and then panic when something needs to be done and I have very little time. I would say I am getting better at not letting it happen, but when I think I am, it happens again.

I will one day get better at it.

This is something I too am very guilty of doing way too often. I will know I have work to complete and targets to hit but I tend to end up in a situation where I procrastinate and I lose track of time and then panic when something needs to be done and I have very little time. I would say I am getting better at not letting it happen, but when I think I am, it happens again.

I will one day get better at it.
You're right about that. Sometimes I would want to bid my time and finish my work in time but it would seem impossible as I wouldn't even know where to start. But as soon as the deadline is drawing real close, my head will be filled with ideas of different textures and flavours.

I was once commissioned to write an ebook. I had 30 days to complete it. sadly, my uncle died and I could not work on the ebook. I started working on the book when I had just 5 days left. Since it was a high paying job, I did not want to anger the client, therefore, I managed to complete it.

This is something I have actually done several times with so many of the online projects that I am working for a lot of my clients because there is always a deadline for me to meet on most of my job. In a situation whereby I am behind the deadline schedule, I am going to be forced to put in extra hours on the job in order for me to meet up and not be late with the delivery date.

This is something I have actually done several times with so many of the online projects that I am working for a lot of my clients because there is always a deadline for me to meet on most of my job. In a situation whereby I am behind the deadline schedule, I am going to be forced to put in extra hours on the job in order for me to meet up and not be late with the delivery date.

Well, in case if you are an online seller, then you may hire assistants in order to get things done for you. This is what many online merchants do in order to sell products online and get the products delivered at the right time. Pushing hard may make things worst and you may not have enough energy or stamina to work the very next day.

I'm working all day and this makes me to do crunches on some works before I can get the work done. It's never been easy and I learnt it a long time ago. It makes me to put myself through difficult task with the determination of seeing it completely delivered.

Well, in case if you are an online seller, then you may hire assistants in order to get things done for you. This is what many online merchants do in order to sell products online and get the products delivered at the right time. Pushing hard may make things worst and you may not have enough energy or stamina to work the very next day.

It actually depends on the sense of urgency that's linked with the job that I'm doing that's going to make me go extra miles in seeing it completely sorted out sooner than later. There are some clients who are too impatient when it comes to their job. If you work for them, be ready to crunch on the job.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds