Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Have you ever had an offer on your website/forum?

Advertisement Placeholder
Has anyone ever tried to buy your website before? If they did, what did they offer you? Did you accept the offer that was made?

When everything was said and done, how did things work out?
Yes and I sold it for $1,500 cash. It worked out great for me since I had not been using it, but I noticed for all the years since I sold it he has never put up a real website there. Now I see that GoDaddy has it for sale at http://ByWC.com (WC are my initials and I was going to post my articles there)

Yes and I sold it for $1,500 cash. It worked out great for me since I had not been using it, but I noticed for all the years since I sold it he has never put up a real website there. Now I see that GoDaddy has it for sale at http://ByWC.com (WC are my initials and I was going to post my articles there)
I’m glad for you oldbuddy, that is a nice chunk of money! Did you put much effort in the website before selling? How were you approached for selling?

I’m glad for you oldbuddy, that is a nice chunk of money! Did you put much effort in the website before selling? How were you approached for selling?
I posted a few articles and they did not bring me the results I expected, so when this stranger emailed me his offer I didn't hesitate to accommodate him. I put it through escrow.com and it went without a hitch. You can see when I registered it on https://whois.com and even back then there were not many 4 letter .com domains for sale.

The forum I run but don't own has had multiple offers for the past few years. It's an active forum with members logging in daily and posting. The offers weren't horrible, but the owner believes the site is worth more and isn't willing to part with it. Plus, there is the chance it could thrive and become bigger.

I had a free forum and I think that its one of the popular forum online this days but not yet hosted if you need the link I will provide it.
The only offer I had on that forum is when xm the forex broker ask me to run a banner on the header of that forum and earn aroung $80

I had people make offers to me for Atrium a few times. They made the offers in the midst of being super active when we were probably getting about 500-800 posts in a day. I had a few offers after though too, but I just couldn't imagine selling the community. I get the purpose of selling niche forums perhaps, but a general community seems a bit odd to sell.

Vertical Scope offered to buy my current one and I flat out refused.

I almost sold my old site for $10k in 2013 but I realized I'd be giving up one of my most enjoyable hobbies so instead I put over $10k of my own money into the site and a new domain. 🤣

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds