Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever done crunch to get work done?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Crunch can be a major problem in many work forces, especially in the game industry as it's been a prevalent problem for a while now. With that being said, have you ever been forced to do crunch to get your work done faster? I haven't, but I had to meet deadlines in my life, but never anything in terms of crunch. Well maybe when we had to run a festival a couple times, there was some crunch to get things done before the big show, but that's only ever been it for me.

Advertisement Placeholder
Crunch can be a major problem in many work forces, especially in the game industry as it's been a prevalent problem for a while now. With that being said, have you ever been forced to do crunch to get your work done faster? I haven't, but I had to meet deadlines in my life, but never anything in terms of crunch. Well maybe when we had to run a festival a couple times, there was some crunch to get things done before the big show, but that's only ever been it for me.

I think you are referring to the process where employees are requested to stay at workplace and work for longer times without getting paid for overtime? In many cases they may have a specific deadline and they must complete the work before that.

If you don't schedule your work and there's a critical need to meet deadlines, you won't have any choice but to crunch to get your work done faster. I don't allow my work to pile up for too because it's what will make you crunching to get your work completed.

I have actually been in a situation whereby I need to crunch on some certain work in order for me to be able to deliver it within the deadline I have to deliver the job. It was part of the experiences that I have when I started making use of SEOClerks to get jobs. I didn't understand how to set the deadline for me to deliver job at the time, so it was a very tight situation for me but I managed to deliver the job.

I wouldn't say I was forced, but I have been frequently asked to work overtime and do extra work. However, I have always denied working additional hours or extra work without receiving additional payment. A couple of times, employers have threatened me and I have always answered them by quitting my job.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds