Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever been through a court case involving the work you do?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Thankfully I haven't been sued, or had any issues with trademark, copyright or anything else. I've lived a relatively tame life to the point I play it very safe with the work I do. I research things, and make sure whatever I do, doesn't turn out to be taking from others or copying something. I'm very precise like that, so I don't risk my own businesses.

But, have you ever been in a court case because of your site/business was sued or taken to court for some reason?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never been through a court case over the work I did, because am always been careful not to copy people's work, and even if I would, I will make sure I change my English.
I don't not have a site, but I have a small business, which no one has ever taken me to court for or sued me, I don't think I copied anybody's work or use there names in my business.

Well fortunately for me I've not been through a court case as a result of what the work I've done. I have always done task assigned to me with care of avoiding plagiarism. Which is one of the main court cases cause that arises most of the times.

I have not experience it and I pray I experienced it because it cause distraction. I heard some unpleasant story about people who were sued because of the mistake in their workplace. I always be careful when at work. That's why I like online business. If I can be making $5k online, I don't think I will engage myself in any offline business. I will only be investing in real estate.

I have never been to a law court before for any type of issue. I am thankful to the type of persons that I work with as they do everything possible to avoid getting into issues where a court case is involved.

I've never been through a court case involving the work I do, but I have been involved in a few disputes with other companies over my work. The most recent one was when I was working for a marketing agency, and we were all supposed to be working toward a common goal: creating the best-looking website possible.

We were all sharing the same information and resources, but there was one designer who refused to accept any feedback from anyone else on her designs because she thought they were perfect already. She would just say "this is what I want to do" and not listen to any suggestions from anyone else.

Eventually, this led to a dispute between us because she wouldn't listen when others told her that certain elements of her design weren't working well together or didn't look good enough on their own. When we had our first client meeting for this website project and showed them our work so far, the client said "it doesn't look like anything at all." They were right, we had spent weeks trying different things but nothing seemed right about it either way.

At this point, we realized that if we didn't change something soon then we would lose clients because no one would want their business associated with an unfinished product like this one.

Not at all, I have never been to a court for any work I do but I do know people that go to court because of one offence or the other maybe stealing or hijacking something from there working place.

Well sometimes it depends on the kind of work you involved yourself. some engage in illegal work which is prohibited by the state so definitely you will be sued to court for rules violation.

Well sometimes it depends on the kind of work you involved yourself. some engage in illegal work which is prohibited by the state so definitely you will be sued to court for rules violation.
I think that it is actually that simple. People should always involved in real and legit activities for themselves at all times and not try to scam people.

There are numbers of people whom a friend of mine has been handling there cases. the case was from generation to generation and had not yet concluded and no one knows when it could be.

I have not gotten into this sort of things before and I have not even faced any legal issues since I started my business offline . I always try to carry out research before I venture into anything, so as to avoid untold troubles.

There are numbers of people whom a friend of mine has been handling there cases. the case was from generation to generation and had not yet concluded and no one knows when it could be.
Yes there are such cases like that most especially in my country, there are most cases of land and they don't resolve such cases easily because it usually take years for such case to be resolved.

I have a friend whom is good at solar engineering or mountain they call so. He has difficulties with one of his clients who has refused that his money should be refunded after ordering for a product and it was very terrible.

Though sometime you can admire the mode of a particular business and you might just want to take a cue from them,but it should not be a case where you will complitelly copy everything,that would not be a good one.
I think that for any organisation to get into any form of court issues,definitelly it must be a serious one,though i have not being through any court issues,but i have seen someone close having a court case from a client who was not satisfied about a services rendered.

Last edited:
Thankfully I haven't been sued, or had any issues with trademark, copyright or anything else. I've lived a relatively tame life to the point I play it very safe with the work I do. I research things, and make sure whatever I do, doesn't turn out to be taking from others or copying something. I'm very precise like that, so I don't risk my own businesses.

But, have you ever been in a court case because of your site/business was sued or taken to court for some reason?
Sometimes, it is not about the way to play it safe. There might be conditions that could warrant a court case despite playing it safe in your job.

I haven't and I'm honestly praying to not have that experience. It could be draining some times and discourage the owner of the business or delay operations or see a member of the team affected badly.
I just move past those ones

i have not been in such situation ever in my life but there was a certain time i almost got wound up in a legal tussle at my workplace with a customer, after i escaped that debacle i promised myself to never enter such mess again in my life.

i have not been in such situation ever in my life but there was a certain time i almost got wound up in a legal tussle at my workplace with a customer, after i escaped that debacle i promised myself to never enter such mess again in my life.
We are on the same page because I've never found myself in such situation before in my life.
I have never prayed for such situation and that is why I'm always careful of the business to dom

Sometimes, it is not about the way to play it safe. There might be conditions that could warrant a court case despite playing it safe in your job.
There are those that played it safe that landed into court case that are unimaginable.
Just protect your self to the best of your ability and when any court issue comes up be prepared for the worst .This is life.

No I have never been to court over a work before in my life and I thank God for that too. And am always 100 percent careful at my workplace
No I have never been to court over a work before in my life and I thank God for that too. And am always 100 percent careful at my workplace

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds