Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Have you ever been screwed over by a staff member?

Advertisement Placeholder
Selecting staffs will be a difficult job indeed. The best choice would be to select someone whom you know for long time.
That way you won't have nothing to fear as you have been knowing this person for somewhat long and know what s/he normally do in almost all situations and whether that person is matured enough.

Selecting staffs will be a difficult job indeed. The best choice would be to select someone whom you know for long time.
That way you won't have nothing to fear as you have been knowing this person for somewhat long and know what s/he normally do in almost all situations and whether that person is matured enough.

You didn't know me you just plucked me after I asked via PM! :p

Reverse kind of, I was hired by a dude and he fucked me over. I'm just going to copy-paste this from another forum as it takes forever to type.

Ages ago I worked at a Final Fantasy forum (I'm a fan of the older ones still haha, I was crazy about it then though) and I was fired. I joined the forum when it was only about... 20 members big. And being the younger version of me, I was overly determined to prove my worth and become a staff member. So I talked to the forum owner for a while and said that I would help out with the memberbase if he promoted me. So he did but made a mod group where it was real restricted, like suspiciously restricted. I could only lock and move topics in specific forums when he told me I was Head Mod. Anyways, I went on an advertising frenzy. I'd like to think I invented pm advertising (and I felt bad about doing it for a long time afterwards haha) and I went to a bigger Final Fantasy forum and just pm'ed every. damn. member. Even the admins cause I didn't give a fuck!

I boosted our small little forum to over 200 members in a matter of days. He promoted me to admin and all was good, except once again it was real restricted. When I told him I was tired of advertising he demoted me saying he didn't want lazy staff members (when he himself would be gone for days at a time). So I did the reasonable thing and re-pm'ed all the members that were active on the big forum and told them that the admin was trying to steal their passwords to their emails or some bullshit haha!

So after that long wall of text, I got the last laugh and he ended up closing the board. Didn't feel bad about it at all.

And boom, my fired story and how that asshole screwed me over.

Not really been screwed over by a staff member, they've tried, but we've handled them quite well :)

Have you heard of AdminTalk.net? Their owner was completely screwed over by a staff member they fired. They had achieved 1500 posts in a week and it all went down the drain.

To be brutally honest, I think Spudster has screwed that site up himself with the amount of closing/opening/ and other assorted crap he has done to that place. ><

I just got screwed over by a client rofl. They requested a new logo for $25, I said I would do it. I did it. They hadn't been around in a few days so I signed up on their forums and told them that I finished their request and they should go check it out. Then they ban me. o_O I watermarked the logo so good luck trying to get it out, it'll take you a year. :)

I just got screwed over by a client rofl. They requested a new logo for $25, I said I would do it. I did it. They hadn't been around in a few days so I signed up on their forums and told them that I finished their request and they should go check it out. Then they ban me. o_O I watermarked the logo so good luck trying to get it out, it'll take you a year. :smile:
Lmao, the importance of Watermarks eh. ^_^

Name and shame?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds