Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have similar sites copied yours before?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Making a website can be a challenge, especially if you're trying to build something unique. If you find something that works, bear in mind there will be people trying to replicate what you do, to the point some may copy your site outright and try to replicate it, maybe even trick people into going to their site instead of yours. Have you ever encountered sites very similar to yours? What do you do if you see them?

Advertisement Placeholder
THis has not happened to my site and I have never copied another site. However, when I was active on Hubpages, a content site, someone replicated the entire hubpages site. THis caused the users to lose a substantial amount of traffic and revenue. However, the issue was solved pretty soon.

Making a website can be a challenge, especially if you're trying to build something unique. If you find something that works, bear in mind there will be people trying to replicate what you do, to the point some may copy your site outright and try to replicate it, maybe even trick people into going to their site instead of yours. Have you ever encountered sites very similar to yours? What do you do if you see them?

Well, I have never experienced this myself. However, I have noticed that there are many websites that have copied the scripts and design of other websites. I am not sure if they could get a copyright strike for that. However, I think that each and every website should be unique.

I remember quite a few years ago now, I set up a forum and found out that my forum had been copied, everything matches down to a T with the theme, the forums that I added, and the descriptions were the same the only thing they changed was the name by one word.

They then proceeded to make out like I was the copy cat and I was copying from them. I never gave into their accusations and just continued as I was doing and eventually, they closed and never saw them again.

I have never had anything like that happen again though.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds