Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have ex-employees ever started a company to rival yours?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Have you ever fired someone who later started a rival company to yours? Maybe they started it because the way they were fired, or they started the company because they know your secrets and how to do the same as your company.

What would you do? There's not much you can do unless they are outright stealing your ideas. I think the best thing you can do, is do your job even better so that rival company knows you're not backing down.

I hope no mod or person that has worked for me ever starts sites or forums that copy mine, I would hate that.

Advertisement Placeholder
This has not happened to me, but I have seen many cases when the former employees started a rival company and even managed to through their former employers out of the business.

Well, in the business of poultry and fish farming, it's a very competitive business. I can tell you that in the place where my business is located, there are about 4 different farms that are into the same poultry and fish farming business. You just have to be very good in your own business and make sure that you have your own market to sell.

Well, in the business of poultry and fish farming, it's a very competitive business. I can tell you that in the place where my business is located, there are about 4 different farms that are into the same poultry and fish farming business. You just have to be very good in your own business and make sure that you have your own market to sell.

Each and every kind of business is quite competitive. This is because you will find an investor who may have been making investments in different kinds of business as of now. However, a few businesses might be less competitive, but it all depends on the demand of the product. This is what we should consider when it comes to business rivalry.

There's nothing you can do when you have fired someone who decided to start the same business you're into. Every individual have the right to start any offline business of their choice if they can finance starting the business. You can't sue them, they will win you in court.

There's nothing you can do when you have fired someone who decided to start the same business you're into. Every individual have the right to start any offline business of their choice if they can finance starting the business. You can't sue them, they will win you in court.

Yes, they may not be able to sue any other business unless they violate the copyrights laws or anything like that. There are many restaurants in here that make similar kinds of foods. However, they do not get sued just because they are making similar kind of burgers.

This has not happened to me, but I have seen many cases when the former employees started a rival company and even managed to through their former employers out of the business.
Companies do so much not to lose those staffs they know are talented to start the same business. They pay them well more than the rest working in the company. I will feel bad if my ex staff left on his own will to start the same business in close proximity to my own business. It's a very envious behaviour.

Each and every kind of business is quite competitive. This is because you will find an investor who may have been making investments in different kinds of business as of now. However, a few businesses might be less competitive, but it all depends on the demand of the product. This is what we should consider when it comes to business rivalry.

Unfortunately in the business of poultry and fish farming, there is no difference in the business operation and the products that you are going to get whenever your breeding session is complete because it is the same thing that everyone is working on.

The only difference your products is going to present is well-fed and healthy your products (chickens and fishes) are going to be when it is time for you to sell them in the open market.

Have you ever fired someone who later started a rival company to yours? Maybe they started it because the way they were fired, or they started the company because they know your secrets and how to do the same as your company.

What would you do? There's not much you can do unless they are outright stealing your ideas. I think the best thing you can do, is do your job even better so that rival company knows you're not backing down.

I hope no mod or person that has worked for me ever starts sites or forums that copy mine, I would hate that.

One of my first staff at the farm did this all because I fired her for her bad attitudes towards the customers when we are at work. I decided to watch and it didn't take a year and her business couldn't cope. I guess she didn't change her character and that was what ruined everything for her.

Companies do so much not to lose those staffs they know are talented to start the same business. They pay them well more than the rest working in the company. I will feel bad if my ex staff left on his own will to start the same business in close proximity to my own business. It's a very envious behaviour.

Well, there are many companies that have retained many employees for a long time and this might be one of the secrets behind their success. Big and popular companies were founded by a specific group of people. What is quite common here is the fact that the founders always remained united and they never gave up. Ex-employees could create a rival company for sure, though.

One of my first staff at the farm did this all because I fired her for her bad attitudes towards the customers when we are at work. I decided to watch and it didn't take a year and her business couldn't cope. I guess she didn't change her character and that was what ruined everything for her.
Bad character and attitude is like a flat tyre, it won't get you anywhere far in life. This is what happened to the lady who used to work for you and was fired as a result of her poor work attitude. The same couldn't stop her from ruining her own business too.

Well, I'm going to say that it serves her right. It's a very good thing that she's experienced the massive loss in her new business. It's going to be a very big lesson to her about what it takes to run and manage a business. Don't be surprised if she come back to your business again.

Well, I'm going to say that it serves her right. It's a very good thing that she's experienced the massive loss in her new business. It's going to be a very big lesson to her about what it takes to run and manage a business. Don't be surprised if she come back to your business again.

I won't let her back into my business as she is negative energy. I don't even understand the reason we are having to explain basic things to employees that should understand, in the first place, that treating a customer right is the first step that should be taken in ensuring things work better for the farm.

I won't let her back into my business as she is negative energy. I don't even understand the reason we are having to explain basic things to employees that should understand, in the first place, that treating a customer right is the first step that should be taken in ensuring things work better for the farm.

It is definitely going to be a very serious mistake for you to let her back into your business because it is very obvious that she never had any good intention towards your business. If she have an opportunity to bring down your business, she's equally going to do it the same way she messed up her business.

It is definitely going to be a very serious mistake for you to let her back into your business because it is very obvious that she never had any good intention towards your business. If she have an opportunity to bring down your business, she's equally going to do it the same way she messed up her business.

Well, in many cases, many employees may not have enough funds to start a business immediately because they may be looking for a job themselves. This is why they may have had worked for your company. However, this may not be the case all the time. They could have raised capital in a short time period through other ways.

Well, in many cases, many employees may not have enough funds to start a business immediately because they may be looking for a job themselves. This is why they may have had worked for your company. However, this may not be the case all the time. They could have raised capital in a short time period through other ways.

Any former employee who is envious enough about your business is always going to find a way to establish their own business as long as they are going to serve as a direct rival to your business.

The only thing that matters in this kind of situation is for you to make sure that your business is always up and doing so that the competition they are going to bring is not even going to bother your own business.

Any former employee who is envious enough about your business is always going to find a way to establish their own business as long as they are going to serve as a direct rival to your business.

The only thing that matters in this kind of situation is for you to make sure that your business is always up and doing so that the competition they are going to bring is not even going to bother your own business.

Well, employee could definitely start their own business. However, they may need capital for that. If they are working for you, then there are chances that they may not have enough capital. Since you are the business owner, you may have the upper hand over them.

Well, employee could definitely start their own business. However, they may need capital for that. If they are working for you, then there are chances that they may not have enough capital. Since you are the business owner, you may have the upper hand over them.

Any kind of business needs capital to start it with. There's no business you can start that's not going to need capital for it one way or another. The capital might be small but you're definitely going to spend on it for your business to start. The same way you started your business is the same way your ex worker who's a rival will start the same business.

Any kind of business needs capital to start it with. There's no business you can start that's not going to need capital for it one way or another. The capital might be small but you're definitely going to spend on it for your business to start. The same way you started your business is the same way your ex worker who's a rival will start the same business.

Well, this is true. Until or unless you possess freelancing skills, you have to need a capital in order to carry out business. I think freelancing is the only kind of business which could be started without money. You could start your own company and hire people in order to work for you. There are many companies that use services like Fiverr and they are fee of cost.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds